?'s about lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrathkill

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
whats up im wrathkill im an addict. and new med grower. i was wondering if i could indoor and out door a crop in the veg stage. well im tryin to ask is can i take my plants outside for sun or will it screw up the cycle? thx!!!

When you veg you need at least 18 hours of continuous light so as long as you bring plants inside before it gets dark or its light long enough outside where you live you will be fine.

you could put them out first thing thenbring them in and underlights for the rest of the time

just becareful of bringing bugs into yur veg room :peace:

ohh and welcome to MP :48:

It will get OLD taking Plants inside and outside after awhile..
Yea like UKgirl420, PencilHead had said Got to be careful so u Don't get Spider Mites !:eek: They r a pest that one Can't get rid of inside a growroom once U have them..

thx ill probably just keep em in i didnt even think of the bug factor:)

i was wondering if the 24" T12 20W florescent grow bulbs for plants are a good idea or not.

im trying to use as little electricity as possible

im still in veg i have a 400W HPS im gona hook up for flowering

well.it is alot better to veg with ya 400 and flower with it.will cut ya time down and give you more bud...and that ia what it is all about...

wrathkill said:
im still in veg i have a 400W HPS im gona hook up for flowering

You could buy a conversion MH for that ballast. It'd beat the hell outta flourescents anyday.

That 400w and the fans you'll need aren't really gonna do much to your electric bill.

Really, theres a conversion ballast from fluoro to hps? were can i get one at?

wrathkill said:
Really, theres a conversion ballast from fluoro to hps? were can i get one at?

No, there is a metal halide conversion bulb for your 400w HPS. I run 600w HPS, but during veg, I run MH conversion bulbs. Expensive, but not as expensive as buying a new ballast and bulb both. Good luck.

right on, yeh my buddie was just tellin me all the same stuff. good info.
peace bro

PencilHead said:
No, there is a metal halide conversion bulb for your 400w HPS. I run 600w HPS, but during veg, I run MH conversion bulbs. Expensive, but not as expensive as buying a new ballast and bulb both. Good luck.

I have a 400 watt conversion bulb and it works great for my 400 watt Hps and Can't wait til the end of the month so I can screw in the 400 watt conversion on my next grow going on now before I use my Hps lite.

Latest posts

Back