?'s about lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrathkill

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
i was wondering if i could indoor and out door a crop in the veg stage. well im tryin to ask is can i take my plants outside for sun or will it screw up the cycle? thx!!!

as long as you are at least getting 18 hours of light a day your plants wont care where they are getting it from. Or you could put your lights on an 18/6 schedule, and when the lights go out move your plants outside for the 6 hours your lights will be off.

You can veg at 18/6 all the way up to 24/0 just try not to move their hours of light around to much as you could possibly cause some unwanted stress.

if your 24/0 on then i would say yes just not direct sunlight you have to gradually work into it from the shade
if your 18/6 or 12/12 just dont interupt the dark cycle you can still put them outside during thier "on" timesn but im sure ive read you need to start in the shade and let your babies get used to the light

Go for it! I keep my plants under fluoros at night, and at daybreak, take them outside for the day. I bring them in at dusk. Because it's getting VERY hot here now (Mojave Desert), I have to them under shadecloth in the afternoon so they don't burn up. But morning sun is fabulous. I also have to check the soil moisture quite often, and water as needed. During the afternoon, when it's really hot and the plants are under shadecloth, I spritz them every hour with water.

One problem with potted plants outside in the sun is that the soil can get extremely hot and kill the roots. To prevent this, and still utilize the natural sunlight, cover your pots with layers of newspaper, and then lay newspaper strips over the top of the soil. Spritz newspapers to keep them moist and this will work well to keep the roots cool enough to survive.

Also check for bugs regularly before bringing plants back inside for the night. I have aphids from all the roses I grow, so I buy a carton of Ladybugs from the nursery every couple of weeks and let them go on the plants. I let them on the plants at night, during the 6 hour dark period.

Good luck with your indoor-outdoor grow! You'll veg 'em fast this way.

lets see, the sun puts out about, oh, i dont know, 10000 lumens per square foot, so yeah, im gonna say put em outside, lol.

Listen to Mojavemama about bugs. That's the best way to get mites and/or aphids in your contolled environment.

YEH I HAVE JUST BEEN KEEPING THEM IN under ott growing fluoros they seem to do alright lots of new growth since i got the OTT fluoros.

Latest posts

Back