Sativas not flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicore

Reaction score
I am in Oregon and have three sativas that are still not really busting out any flowers. Was wondering if this is normal. They have had preflowers on them for about 4 months now. We are going to get into some low temps soon and I am scared they won't produce by then. Not really much I can do I know but is anyone else having this problem?

You might have to do like me.........up the P to 50 or higher.

If you can get to the site before the sunrises on days that frost is predicted......get a spray bottle and spray off the frost!

Before Le Soleil~

medicore said:
I am in Oregon and have three sativas that are still not really busting out any flowers. Was wondering if this is normal. They have had preflowers on them for about 4 months now. We are going to get into some low temps soon and I am scared they won't produce by then. Not really much I can do I know but is anyone else having this problem?

Some strains were just not ment to grow in a particular location, have you grown this strain outdoors before?

must be in the eastern part of the state :)

all you can do is hope for the best and chop at first frost....

been one crazy year in Oregon for growing anything thats for sure....

be glad you dont live in Meacham saw 26 few days back there :eek:

east of the cascades grow season is about over thats for sure

peace

Hey Lady Green,

I might need to kick my girl into high gear with some of that super P!

Where is the best place to buy the high P nutes? and what else is the stuff used for? (for a cover reason to buy it)

Thanks

10-52-10..........easily found at nurseries or reno-depot, crappy tire, home depot.........~
Flowering bat guano too........25 smakeroos for 5 pounds!

Growdude said:
Some strains were just not ment to grow in a particular location, have you grown this strain outdoors before?
No haven't grown this strain outdoors yet, it is suppose to be Durban Poison.

HGB said:
must be in the eastern part of the state :)

all you can do is hope for the best and chop at first frost....

been one crazy year in Oregon for growing anything thats for sure....

be glad you dont live in Meacham saw 26 few days back there :eek:

east of the cascades grow season is about over thats for sure

peace
I am in the western part of the state and our first frost is not that close but I still am not going to see a full 8-14 weeks of flower before the frost either - and that's if it starts flowering tonight.:(

I found this.......yeah, 100 percent sativa!

Imported from South Africa, produced in Holland. Exclusively inbred, never hybridized, 100% Sativa. Large long budleaves, buds are also large and long with lots of resin. A sweet licorice or anise flavor. "Up" high similar to Thai. High yields. Well suited for outcrossing with late bloomers to produce earlier flowering. Also does very well under artificial light. A very popular variety.

Flowering: 8 - 9 weeks

THC = 8.6%, CBD = 0.3%

when temps dip below 60 the plants stop uptake'n nutes :)

dont think any amount of P will help them and will most likely couse more harm than good now....

the season is about over on the western side as well..... 59 was high here today

bout time to chop here and call it good

grow on

"East" of Oregon a few hundred miles here. Looking at lows in the mid to upper 30;s for the next couple of nites. Needin' another 10 days/2 weeks for most, a few look closer to a month away..:(
"Most" mj will undergo light frosts without sustaining damage.
when temps dip below 60 the plants stop uptake'n nutes

dont think any amount of P will help them
"ditto"..."NO" amount of nutes will change anything, if the plants aren't able to metabolize them.

HGB said:
when temps dip below 60 the plants stop uptake'n nutes :)

dont think any amount of P will help them and will most likely couse more harm than good now....

the season is about over on the western side as well..... 59 was high here today

bout time to chop here and call it good

grow on

I actually came out of lurker mode and made an account to respond to this.

This is complete processed pork and beef byproducts compressed into a loaf and sliced into sandwich sized pieces.

Pot plants will take up food untill the fluids in their stalks is almost frozen solid. They are just big straws. If you want things to kick over fast, do what lady green said, and hit them with some 10 52 10. she knows what she's talking about.

If you do it immediately before the light change over, (which sadly is too late), you can prevent alot of stretching before the plants change from veg to flower.

lady green I prefer PlantProd 10 52 10. What do you use?

Iheartindica said:

This is complete processed pork and beef byproducts compressed into a loaf and sliced into sandwich sized pieces.

Pot plants will take up food untill the fluids in their stalks is almost frozen solid. They are just big straws. If you want things to kick over fast, do what lady green said, and hit them with some 10 52 10. she knows what she's talking about.

If you do it immediately before the light change over, (which sadly is too late), you can prevent alot of stretching before the plants change from veg to flower.

Do you have any facts to back up your claim that HGB is wrong?

Iheartindica said:

Uhm......
Let's see you joined just to slam an established member????
let's see bro...
(hope HGB don't mind if I get his back on this one)
You came in to challenge a 30 year vet of MJ grow and has dedicated his life to Med MJ growing for sick and ill....
I could see it if you actually had a valid point...but what you just said is so freakin bogus...it beyond myth.
WAY before freezing ground temps the plant STOPS all nutrient uptake...Thus why all trees are hibernating and bear pack up and sleep...there is NOTHING...not enought light...ground is frozen so no nutes. Come on man!!!!
Watch yourself. Approriate way is to register...gain some respect then politely challenge a post. You don't come in like this...quick way to gain enemies dude. I got you on my favorites after this post. ;)

Oh you think my say is last just wait bro...you will get some links and proof why what you just said does not make any sense. You better "buck" up with links bro to prove this one.

http://faculty.nwacc.edu/bhintert/documents/PHEChatper2_000.pdf

careful here bro. some of us keep our mouths shut outa politeness.....but we do have some problems with some "tactics"

Growdude said:
Do you have any facts to back up your claim that HGB is wrong?

Cropped this today. This is one of 7 fields. 24 plants/field. Notice how there's very little spacing between the bud sites. These were grown under a heavy tree canopy. 20 20 20 to veg, and 10 52 10 to flower.

I personally love pic #2. The little pink hairs are really cute and as any experienced cold weather grower can tell you, is a sign of early frost. :)

BTW Mutt, I didn't slam him. I called it balogny. With the -1 degree snap we had here, these all should be dead, and not ready for harvest. Show me any link you want, but I've got 20 lbs that say otherwise. I'm not here so socialize, I'm here to learn and teach. If disagreeing with an 'established member' makes me unpopular, that's life. Since you're a mod, feel free to kick me, but I figure you'd rather see what is PROVEN to work, not text and theory.

DSCF5291.JPG

DSCF5259.JPG

Iheartindica said:
Cropped this today. This is one of 7 fields. 24 plants/field. Notice how there's very little spacing between the bud sites. These were grown under a heavy tree canopy. 20 20 20 to veg, and 10 52 10 to flower.

I personally love pic #2. The little pink hairs are really cute.

And what does this prove?, I was hoping for some documented facts that I could perhaps read.

Iheartindica said:
BTW Mutt, I didn't slam him. I called it balogny. With the -1 degree snap we had here, these all should be dead, and not ready for harvest. Show me any link you want, but I've got 20 lbs that say otherwise. I'm not here so socialize, I'm here to learn and teach. If disagreeing with an 'established member' makes me unpopular, that's life. Since you're a mod, feel free to kick me, but I figure you'd rather see what is PROVEN to work, not text and theory.

BTW bro.
You did in fact slam him...you said he was full of bologny...frost and freezing temps are two different thing. Yes MJ can handle frost. Pics in the gallery with snow on the plants....but FREEZING temps!!!!

I am willing to accept a lot of things. So are most members. Where you made the error was "I registered to dispell this" not "hey I'm so-n-so...here's some pics of my grow"...you came in like an arse.

unpopular????dude I'm unpopular...actually considered an AH around here.
but we have vets....Me i know what happens after oct. 31st first hand to a 6' sat. in northern Pa. Its freakin dead and it wasn't a solid freeze. This isn't theory or text...FACT....DEAD!!!!! w/ 2 weeks left. Startin to see why your register name is "Iheartindica"...indica doesn not have to suffer the woes like a sativa.

I am handing this off to another mod.....I'm outa this one. Before I break the fekkin rules.

Mutt, I don't see how high post counts and experience growing are related.

I've lurked this site for about a year now and every now and then I see 'experienced members' posting what I call propaganda. Stuff that gets passed around from grower to grower till it becomes mantra. Point in fact, how many noob members can you find with posts like, "get more lights on that or it will stretch", or "kill that male it's not worth anything" or my favorite, "your feeding it to much" then you read their second post and it's asking why their leaves are yellow and brittle.

I respect growers. TBG is a grower. I've seen his product and pics. That I respect. bombbudpuffa is a grower. I've seen his work.
I don't respect people simply because of post count.

If you want to see my work, fine, I'll show you. You asked for proof, I showed you a damn successfull grow. You want more proof, I'll show you more successfull work, but I'll never quote you rhetoric and propeganda that's been regurgitated over and over.

I'm an outdoor grower in a cold climate. I found it frustrating to see an 'experienced person' telling a new member something that, I know from experience, isn't true. I back it up by showing that I'm a SUCCESSFUL grower who's plants flowered during a week of uber cold weather.

Don't get angry with me because of my post count. Get mad at me because you believe I'm wrong. You don't have to worry about "breaking the fekkin rules". I'm out as fast as I came it, but there's no way In hell I was going to read that BALOGNY and not speak up. You 'experienced members' want to teach new people then teach them right, not with stuff you just heard. Teach them from experience. If it wasn't for BALOGNY like that, I wouldn't have had such a rough start so many years ago. later.

I do not look at post count.
I look at grow journals and how the people you ahppen to be saying is full of bolgney showed me the right way. You are challenging a group...yes more than one that happened to learn from the two people YES two that are "regurgitating" information. Two of which among many that happen to be my mentors.
You may have "lucked" out. With a deep freeze or two. But please do not confuse frost with freeze. They are two different things.
Post count HA....post count don't mean squat to me. It is a decent guideline...but I am a mod. I watch and read every damn post.
Just because you don't "see" some members grows here doesn't mean they are "regurgitating" information.
I am not ban happy.
I am pissed because you showed me squat. I can yank a pic outa the gallery snow covered and purple due to temps. But it couldn't take much more I will tell you that.
I will not argue...show me a picture snow covered and a therm with below 45F for more than 15 days and it lived and budded THEN and ONLY then WILL I believe you.
Period. I will admit I am wrong then..Prove It.

Latest posts

Back