Seedlings are trapped in seed encasings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st00ner

Reaction score
Well, 2/10 of my seedlings leaves trapped in seed encasing. The plants were planted monday, and sprouted yesterday. They look to be doing fine besides the freaking seed casings...

They are about once inch tall, and one of them has its leaves slightly poking through.

Should I let nature take its course or should I intervene?

Yes, leave it alone, it will drop it when ready :)

Ive had the same several times.

1 of mine didnt drop the shell but as it grew the leaves in the shell got fatter and the second set of leaves grew out from the side like normal.

Thanks Hippie! I probably would have accidently killed the poor baby if you had't spoke up! :smoke1:

Have some green mojo!!!

Try to keep the lil ones moist where the shell is stuck on. Theres some kind of membrane under the shell and ime if it dries it's harder on your seedling to break through.

What they all said. It happens. I usually pull them off if the 1st set of true leaves sprouted and the casing is still hanging on.

One of them just broke free... the moisturizing looked like it helped! I will continue to spray the other one.

Latest posts

Back