seedlings in rockwool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highman

berry berry sneaky!
Reaction score
first time growing seedlings in rockwool. I have watering set on a timer for 15 min every 3 hours. the seedlings are sitting under 2 2foot t12's 2 bulbs 5000k 2 bulbs 6500 is this to much water? i was doing it every 6 hours but the rockwool was starting to get dry all around not to bad but you could tell it was drying out. should i let it dry out a bit or keep it on the 3 hour cycle mind you these are seedlings no bigger than 3 inches

Rockwool, depending on the size of the cube and the size of the plant and how aggressive the set up is makes for a few watering options. Rockwool should be watered much less than any other mainstream substrate. Rockwool can hold a lot of water. Try to let the cubes dry a bit before they get another watering, sounds like trial and error since I dont know the complete setup

they are those 1x1 grodan cubes in tupper wear, nothing elaborate

they seem to be doing ok new growth is present just slow. but thats just how the early stages are. Im not quite sure if over watering would slow growth more kill the plant than anything i would think. i dunno im just kinda rambling so if you think im an idiot let me know... think i may switch it to every 4 hours see if that changes anything

You need a humidity dome. It will help you keep your cubes wet.

no dome and 4 hour watering intervals seems to be working well

Latest posts

Back