Seeds upside down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker420

Reaction score
I just put some seeds into some kind of plug. and they have all sprouted but i noticed some of them are upside down in the plug(as in the tap root is facing up). I currently dont have light on them but i was wondering if when i do put light over them will they turn themselfs around or will i have to by hand?

They should still sprout. I've done it a couple of times (I had always thought that was how you were supposed to grow them)

fix them if u can - always use tweezers to lift + turn. never handle seeds after seed has cracked open - the acids in our skin can kill the delicate root before it has had a chance to begin life.

Yo Rocker

You think this never happens in nature? a plant, no matter what it is, will drop seeds, they never all fall the correct way up, but they still grow into normal plants, roots grow towards gravity and the leaf end always grows away from gravity, leave your seeds for nature to sort out.

Hippy

Hippy's right bro...don't use tweezers. That tap root is delicate...it'll work itself out. ;)

Yup, seeds have always turned the right side up for me, naturally.:)

HippyInEngland said:
roots grow towards gravity

root's grow where ever they can... be it up-down-left-or right :)

when I grow upside down my roots always fill the bucket to the top.

but in general they like to grow down

peace

HGB said:
root's grow where ever they can... be it up-down-left-or right :)

when I grow upside down my roots always fill the bucket to the top.

but in general they like to grow down

peace
I keep forgettin about that HGB. :hubba: inhale.....

it'll work itself out

I don't think this applies with mediums like rockwool, or oasis, since the seedling can't really push itself out. I've had problems with the seed casing (after opening) getting stuck in rock wool cubes. I never let it grow out, to see if it could eventually deal with it.. but I imagine it would set the seedling 'behind in the race'.

Latest posts

Back