Semi-uniform multistrain SOG sickness.....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmongrass

Basil Farmer.
Reaction score
Ok so these are of varied bagseed genetics gathered from premo "straintyped" buds. the sickness is effecting about 50% of the crop. sativa, hybrid, and indica alike. the worst is a 3 foot sativa that has almost no fan leaves left(have VERY few to begin with tho).

They all have some nute burn as i was forced to switch to Bionic hydro nutes for the time being from a softer mix of FF liquids. one has "rust" on the leaves sticking out of the buds. and general yellowing.

My last crop all had these same cracking dried leaves from the center out too. it really set off after i sprayed with a very heavy mix of safe bug killer(h2o2, neem, soap, iso). but that was the last crop. these plants were in the room too but were in veg and didnt get a rain treatment of these voodoo bug mixes.

Can someone tell me a pH to use? not a range. if the range is 5.2-6.2, which do i use? i have to treat the ^^** out of my water anyway. tap water conditioner, hydro nutes >.< , and some pHdown. i can get it to 6.2 without using the phdown but ive migrated to about 5.8+ over the last 4 waterings.

The plants are at 65-70 days, seed from 12/12. My soil mix is Promix-MZ(the bale of soil is inoculated with microfungi+bacterium) with about a cup of perlite added per 3gal of dirt. I also added about a tablespoon each to every 3gallons of dirt: Dolomite lime, bone+blood meal(not doing this again, industrial waste), and a broad spectrum soil fert npk+all micro's.

I'm thinking i have many nutes in soil and shouldn't be using the hydro nutes. or atleast not the 50ml/10L mixture i use. but that doesnt account for the crackling semi green/dead leaves... also... i believe my little Apollo's are flying too close to the sun.

Your thoughts and experience please. :D

SANY0289s.jpg

SANY0288s.jpg

SANY0287s.jpg

That happened to some nl plants i had in dwc, never figured out what it was. But it screwed the whole harvest.

Hey lotek, it looks like a simple over feeding.

I would suggest that you re-pot the plants into some fresh soil and back WAY off with the nutes.

I'm not sure what planet the people who write the amounts of nutes on the bags come from, but on earth, about half of what they suggest on the bag usually works. Even less then that on seedlings.

I start with a 1/8th strength mix on seedlings.

You could try flushing the nutes out of the soil. If any of them are time released, that won't work however.

New soil should allow you to finish the crop.

Adjust to ph6.5 after a good flush,if you've gone by manufacturers recommended feed strengths you've fed far too much and the plant probably has nutrient lockout,hence the necrosis of your leaves.

I'd not bother to repot as you are far into flowering so new root growth has all but stopped.I've tried repotting at 7 weeks flowering and only got about 1cm of whispy roots grow into the the compost,neglible growth really,unless its a pure sativa in which case root growth can continue throughout the plants life.

Rockster said:
I'd not bother to repot as you are far into flowering so new root growth has all but stopped.
I was suggesting the re-potting just to get rid of the jacked up nute soil he has now. I'm not sure if he has any time released stuff in the soil he now has in the container. ;)

i know i over feed and i can see the tip burn from that, but does that account for the odd center-out death and the rust?

i cant repot them because i have to fit them all under 1 hps bulb. but i will be sure to nix the nutes.

6.5 for soil? thats about that it was initialy so sounds good.

the soil isnt packed full of time release, but i did put a small amount in it (waaaay less than rec amount) since promix is kind of devoid of complex nutes.

thanks

lotek said:
i know i over feed and i can see the tip burn from that, but does that account for the odd center-out death and the rust?

i cant repot them because i have to fit them all under 1 hps bulb. but i will be sure to nix the nutes.

6.5 for soil? thats about that it was initialy so sounds good.

the soil isnt packed full of time release, but i did put a small amount in it (waaaay less than rec amount) since promix is kind of devoid of complex nutes.

thanks
Excess nitrogen could account for the burned leaves. That, combined with other factors like over watering, the time released junk and perhaps other things could cause a nute lockout that would create the other problems you have.

You'd have to explain a lot more than you have to get a good answer.

The wonderful and mysterious google is telling me root bound=center-out leaf death. this could very well be. i only have them in 6 and 8in pots. they are semi small plants but seem to be bigger than i thought(was trying to bonsai).

Thoughts my friends?

lotek said:
The wonderful and mysterious google is telling me root bound=center-out leaf death. this could very well be. i only have them in 6 and 8in pots. they are semi small plants but seem to be bigger than i thought(was trying to bonsai).

Thoughts my friends?
If they are root bound and you aren't watering/feeding accordingly, then sure, you can even kill them that way.

One gallon per/foot of height. That's a pretty good way to judge the volume of a plant container for dirt grows.

Can you post some clear photos of your plants and containers with something next to the container to reference the size like a pack of smokes or a one foot ruler?

Latest posts

Back