Setting Up a New Grow Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hushpuppy said:
My building is also very "airish" and I had to insulate it to control the temp swings. Now, even though I am still pulling in air from outside, I still am able to control temps better but my space is a lot smaller too, only about 225sqft. I would suggest, if it is possible with funds and all, to build it a little bigger then put the tents inside it so that you can heat the outer space as fresh air comes in before it goes into the tents.

Here is something I did this summer for keeping my resevoirs cool. I think it would work for heating as well. I used 1/2" flexible copper pipe formed into a coil for my heat transfer coils, but If you could get yer hands on 4 smaller radiators(car AC radiators or heater cores would be best) and place 2 of them in individual boxes where you can have exaust air coming through and warming the water within them. Then pump the water back to the other radiators outside the tents with a small fan blowing on them to transfer the heat back into the air, all you would need to power is the pumps for moving the water. This would allow you to utilise the heated air without having to set up an elaborate ventilation system. Just an idea to toss out :)

This will only be a winter grow. I will be back home in the mountains in the summer. And this move is not set in concrete yet. Sigh, she has a 24 x 30 garage pretty much filled with junk. If she doesn't get it cleaned out, I will tough it out here this winter. I simply do not think I can go all winter and not grow.

I am planning on building a space in the corner of the garage approx 60 sq ft to house the 2 tents. I just don't see dealing with an entire garage space as doable. My sis is going to have to get some of her "stuff" moved out to give me room to build my little space.

Of course you can not go all winter and not grow. I am glad you know that already. Two months this summer drove me a little nuts. So the pressure is on to clean out the garage. Oh dear, hope it works out.

THG hope sis will make ya some room to work with... trust me it was very hard not growing the last 6 months... GL :48:

Latest posts

Back