Sexing. Its fun to get it on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafminer said:
Supposedly - I've not tried it - you can put a black paper bag over a branch and then after a couple of weeks that branch will show the sex.

anyone ever try or do this? does it work?

zipflip said:
anyone ever try or do this? does it work?

I have tried that and it was a PITA. What i read was that you put the bag on after 12 hours to mimic the flowering period.

Growdude said:
To avoid growing a bunch of males for 7 weeks what I do once the plant is big enough to clone is take a clone from each and put it directly into 12/12 light the clone will sex and you will know the sex of the donor plant.

Every time i try this method the clones die before they show sex, is there some trick to it?

smoky anda bandit said:
Every time i try this method the clones die before they show sex, is there some trick to it?

Maybe he means that AFTER ROOTING he switches to 12 / 12, so it could be 7-14 days for rooting AND THEN 12 / 12.

smoky anda bandit said:

How do you do your cloning?

White WidowMaker said:
Maybe he means that AFTER ROOTING he switches to 12 / 12, so it could be 7-14 days for rooting AND THEN 12 / 12.

No, they go right into 12/12 thats the idea, sex them fast.

Growdude said:
How do you do your cloning?

I take the cuttings,let them sit in some ph'd water for a minute,then make my final 45 cut on the stem under water. Dip them in some liquid rooting hormone, and puh them into rockwool cubes that have been soaking in ph'd water. It is not my method, because i am 90 percent succesful when i put the clones under a dome and let them root for a while.

Latest posts

Back