Should I Start Flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quontoke

Greatness in the making
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if I should start to put my plants into pre flower. I have the plant on a 24 hour light cycle.. under 400 watts CFL, 2 daylight 100 watt-1400 lumens a piece and 2 bright white 100 watt at 1500 lumens.. right now i just have the daylights directly on the plants and the daylight in standing up above it from behind with a reflector on the side.

SSPX0159.jpg

SSPX0158.jpg

SSPX0160.jpg

are they iradesent light or cfl lighting and how old are they

You can put them into flower any time you want. Now keep in mind that your plant wont actually flower until its DNA is mature. They say that the first sign of maturity is alternating nodes. You also have to keep in mind that the size of your root system influences the size of your harvest. So I would say let em grow my friend.

Good luck
MCM

they are cfl's and its about a month old.. the reason its so small is because at first i was using the wrong amount of lighting... starting out with just 2 11w cfls's bad idea and i have since up'd the lights to 400 watt- 2 100 watt daylight cfl and 2-100 watt bright white cfl

Now that you've increased the lighting, let them go until they're a lot bigger. If you have enough light, that could be in a month or so, maybe longer. That's just my opinion, of course.

For flowering, do yourself a favor and get an HPS lamp. It's likely that you won't be happy with the results, otherwise.

Motor City Madman said:
When these are alternating on sides of the plant.
Here is a picture.. is this what you are talking about

SSPX0162.jpg

That pic it to blurry for me to see anything clearly. But it doesn't matter anyway, it is really up to you when you put your plant into flower. You could grow a plant from seed on 12/12 light if you wanted to.

It's all about how big you want your plant to be when you harvest. Once you put it into flower you will see some stretch possibly up to three times its current size.

But I would say since you just got your lights figured out, let it grow a bit and you'll be happy you did!

Thanks. I think i am going to wait another month before I flower and maybe by june Mr. Magic( dont be fooled by the name im hoping for a girl, but my girlfriend named the plant) will be ready to be harvested.

400 watt- 2 100 watt daylight cfl and 2-100 watt bright white cfl
Dont ya mean equal to 400 Watts incandesant? Cause you had only 5800 lums total. Thats deffinantly not 400 watts of CFL's. 400 watts of CFL's is gonna be close to 27,000 lumens.

quontoke said:
Hey i was wondering if I should start to put my plants into pre flower. I have the plant on a 24 hour light cycle.. under 400 watts CFL, 2 daylight 100 watt-1400 lumens a piece and 2 bright white 100 watt at 1500 lumens.. right now i just have the daylights directly on the plants and the daylight in standing up above it from behind with a reflector on the side.

What do you mean by pre flower?

You are probably going to want more light. You have enough light for slightly over 1 sq ft now.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What do you mean by pre flower?

You are probably going to want more light. You have enough light for slightly over 1 sq ft now.
I dont know i was just reading posts and someone was talking about pre flowering... so i was just wondering what it is... Im just really new to this and I am learning on the way ya know

You can get a 400 watt HPS lighting system cheap at HTGsupply...I ordered the 600 watt digital ballast system and is awesome... I think the 400 watt one can be had for less then 120 bucks... You can get good Veg growth with CFL's but I wld go with HPS for flowering... I vegged my DWC grow with 4 45 watt CFL's and got great growth...

quontoke said:
Here is a picture.. is this what you are talking about

Yes that is what I'm talking about but if you flower that plant you will be disappointed in the end unless its a monster tree strain.

Looking for preflower is how some people sex the plant before putting into 12/12. Some people swear by this.I'm sure if you ask a lot of people will chime in and tell you all about it. I dont do this.

Latest posts

Back