Smaller starter pots. Has me worried!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy-B

Reaction score
This time I used a smaller starter pot than usual and was wondering if that restricts their potential in overall size that young? When I push the soil up thru the flimsy starter pot when the soils dry, there's spiderweb like roots in the bottom. Is that beginning stages of being rootbound? Does that mean I need to put them in a bigger pot so they will grow bigger and show sex faster in the first 14 days of their lives. (It's already been 10 days), Or can I just wait like normal for them to show sex before transplanting and they'll get to normal size later?:confused: These are LRx2's by the way. I'm thinking to go ahead and transplant but yet not, that's alot of water and nutes I'll have to be feeding for what likely will turn half male.:confused2:

Yeah. that's what I thought.(bigger starter pots, because they're AF)at first. But I've always used the 4x4x4in.pots, then transplanted without any problems. I put mine in 3 gallon pots. White in color to reflect my lighting better and they're square. Which helps save a lot of room in my grow space. But with these 3x3x2in.deep worry me. I don't know if they'll sex in enough time for me to leave them in those lil' pots til' transplant. But this morning I was suprised to see they are getting bigger, like they normally would in the 4x4x4's. I'm still undecided whether or not to go ahead and transplant, when they aren't any difference in size, compared to the other starter pots.? It'll give me something to think about while I start on this hash! Anybodies opinion will help me decifer which is the best thing to do in my situation.

Latest posts

Back