Smallest potter possible for a 3' plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
Some of you may know i just started 30 seeds in a tub :hubba: I got some bad news about my out-door spot for the year the land has been sold :hitchair: so i wont be able to do the outdoor grow of the cherry malawi. So now i have a lot of seeds that are going to germinate and not enough room to grow them, unless i use really small potters and keep very small plants. Heres my idea, I have 1 gal potters that i can use and enough of them that ill be able to get all the plants in one but if i do the whole grow from seed on flowering lighting in these one gal potters would it be enough space for the plants roots to be healthy, I do know that the haze cross i have now in flower was in these same potters till they were 2.5' and I'm thinking that if i just leave them in there they will be :aok: for the grow and not exceed 3'-4' plants by finish.

Sorry man, cant help.... But good luck bro. ***** about the land selling

I don't know if this will help you but I just heard in an instructional video that I watched last night that you should use a pot that is the same amount of gallons as you want height, i.e. a 1 gallon pot for a 1 ft plant, a 2 gallon pot for a 2 ft plant and so on.

I think those pots will work fine for what you have in mind. If you get some good nutes hit them with it, it will help out. Good luck and keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

what about sexing in very small pots and flowering in the 1gals? They're gonna have to stretch in flower those monsters so maybe starting them out small will help your goal

Thanks all for the replys i have tons of ideas on what to do. After all they are just germed so i have some time till i have to decide what im going to do and once i weed (LOL) out the males, i may end up with room to TP a few and let a few loose out-side still to veg with some serious LST work and then bring them back in as i can. I was really looking to see if any one has had a grow that was in about a 1 gal potter so i could see results etc. If not this may be something to see if i can pull off a couple oz per plant i may have found a new way for me to grow :hubba:

Latest posts

Back