Smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stufart

Reaction score
Is it normal for young plants to give off a strong odor?

My plants are around 4 weeks and maybe 7 inches tall and they smell, good though but maybe to strong if someone should come in and know what the smell is.

HI Stufart, do you feel like i am stalking you? I am not, really.

It may be time to think about some air exchange.. Some plants at first just smell when you touch them or after you water. What ever they smell like now will be lots stronger in flower, so you might want to figure out what your going to do if smell is a problem.

Stufart said:
Is it normal for young plants to give off a strong odor?

My plants are around 4 weeks and maybe 7 inches tall and they smell, good though but maybe to strong if someone should come in and know what the smell is.

Yes. Some strains/phenos stink from beginning to end. But like rb said it will get worse in flower.
I know my moby is very strong in veg. N have ran a few others so I make it habit to keep my filter on in veg as well.
LH.

I have a ChemDawg that smells so Bad in veg it was given to me..and others didnt want because they early smell...I like it:D

:48:

Sounds like carbon scrubber time,

Back when I first arrived here, I convinced myself to build a really nice growbox. With the help of some of the members I built a sweet one.
My first crop in it included one lady that smelled so funky, she just couldn't be missed. My wife's sense of smell on a 0 to 10 scale I wouldn't give her even a .5 yet she could smell it outside of our place. I found a cool design for a great scrubber right here in the forums. Still have it, and still think it's the best. That smell came from my Blue/Mystic, and she was tops according to a good many of my friends.
personally I think males tend to stink the most.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

Rosebud, I wont take a restraining order out on you lol. Smell may become an issue in the coming weeks, so I may have to look at locating them outside in my shipping container. I dont know which one stinks, I love the smell, but Im worried some goody two shoes will ring the blue coats on my ***. I dont like the idea of giving my young ones over to the State. I think If I stick them outside in the container the smell wont be an issue. Not only that, I can padlock the dam thing.

Lefthand,

You sure you have the right link?? Im not to sure orgasms will help my plants, but ha, Im willing to give it a go.

International Day Of The Female Orgasm Brings Pleasure To Brazilian Women

Just thought me eyes were bad!!:hubba:

Organisms and pot growing who knew they worked together...LOL

Well sorry I thought maybe if ya kept them happy the be no snitching.
That link should serve yas better.
LH.

Well there is certainly love all around, who would have thought.

So what part of the female plant anatomy do I rub????

Stufart

i rub stems and ill rub buds different scents mmmmmmm

Scratch and sniff. I love the smell of my plants.
But they are getting a stronger with each passing day now. Im planing on moving them this week.

The young plants will naturally give that smell; you can’t get rid of it. But you can control it in some ways, like getting an activated carbon filter which is available in combo kit pack in the market or you can even make a homemade activated carbon filter, it will definitely help you in overcoming the smell.

Latest posts

Back