SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....i went to court this morning.....and.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillions of atoms

Dare to dream...
Reaction score
I get there late because i hit 2 hours of traffic getting to the gal durn place and to my luck the judge wasnt even out on the bench yet.

i then sign in wondering if i am going to plead guilty to what i was charged for (driving on suspended and expired tag). the reason my lisence was suspended was i had a FTA. i was living/working in NYC when a court case i had popped up and i simply couldnt pull off the project and go because of a limited time schedule as far as work is concerned. SO i borrowed my brothers truck when i got back home not knowing he didnt get a new tag when his b day poped up so i got pulled over for that- and a quick check of my DL showed i was suspended. i was then quickly cuffed n stuffed LOL and was in jail for 8 days BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

now here in my state they can really get you for driving on suspended. so i was scared i was gunna get an 1k fine + more B S....SO

the atty alone wanted 1500 bux to handle this case and i said F it! im gunna go this alone for once.

WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......

I was sitting there in the courtroom waiting and waiting and waiting.... there was this black girl there with a baby and she was screaming and crying and making all kinda noises so i was thinkin...hey at least im not her (the court "officials" were pissed at her) told her to leave until the judge came blah blah...

so the judge FINALLY showed claiming the computer system had been down..................................................................................

on to the juice-

so they call almost everyone before me and its getting down to a few scraglers.....and myself.

they call the woman w the baby back in and shes charged with the same thing- 800dollar fine driving on suspended and 600dollar no tag-- OHH CRAP!!!

im here fixing to get reamed and im not even wearing any lipstick! RUHHH ROOOHHHH!!!!

anyway before she called my name i was filling out the paper for a plea of guilty no-lo when she asks a de-pu' d to see if there are any officers left-

he comes back a minute later and he says NO.

so theres another man infront of me on some B S failure to yeild and she says

"Mr So n So what is you plea....guilty he says" ok yer fine is so n so go pay the cashier....

then another person comes up on an accident case- Mr so n so whats yer plea....NOT GUILTY he says-

ok mr so n so ther is no officer present to testify agiants you your free to go"

so just as i get done filling this guilty plea out i said to myself WOAH!

i pumped my brakes for a few seconds and the judge calls my name.....

so as im standing there infront of the court i begin to scratch my guilty plea out and write profusely that im NOT GUILTY and as she asks for my paper i hand it to the clerk who hands it to the judge-

she said mr so n so your charged with driving on suspended and expired tag do you have an atty present?

i said No your honor....

she said OK then what do you plead.....

i said NOT GUILTY you honor...

she says- Ok , your plea of not guilty has been entered and since there is no officer here to testify agiant you ...your free to go! have a nice day!

SHIBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not only did i come out without paying a freaking cent i get 200 bux back from the bail bondsman for the rest of the bail for showing up!!

CAAAA CHING!

wow, im gunna enter not guilty from now on i tell you what..... :hubba:

:bong1:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a lucky hombre ;)

How bad could it of been?

Whats the worst that could have happened?

Did you stay innocent for all 8 days? :rolleyes:

iba0092l.jpg

Always.. always ... always plea not guilty. The Prosecuting attourneys dont want you to plead not guilty. This means they have to work and tie up tons of court resoureces prosecuting you. INSTEAD, plead not guilty. You will either get dropped charges or reduced charges in exchange for a plea (in criminial cases). In traffic law cases, you will get charges dropped if the officer is not there.

In my state, DWLS (suspended license) is a Misdemeanor, punishable by a weekend in jail and a large fine. Plea bargains I have personally plead was "Failure to show a valid license" which was a $50 fine.

ALWAYS PLEAD NOT GUILTY. NEVER SAY A WORD. NEVER TALK. Follow those rules you will not incriminate yourself at all, and have a good chance of walking away from it all.

Congrats! the cop who pulled you was probably arresting somebody else for tha same thing and forgot to come to trial. I love it when the system works for the people!

I have been to court "a couple" of times. I learned to ALWAYS look for the officer. In my state the same law applies. Congrats on slipping through! I too have gotten out of about 4-5 tickets because the officer was lazy and didn't follow up in court. Still annoying to sit in there for a morning and afternoon... but it is always entertaining!

Latest posts

Back