split steam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
hey guys when i was lst ing my plants i noticed that the steam was splitting right at the point it makes a v with the main steam ill try to get a pic but it may be a couple a days. any way i untied the branch and wrapped up the wound in a bread bag tie then a small piece of duct tape wrapped tightly around. she dosent seem to be shocked too bad . but she was burnt out frazzeled when she came to me as a clone . so this is her 2nd big stress . shes about 31 inches tied down to 24 inches and has been in flower for 5 days . i worried shell turn hermy :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: do you think shell be ok???

Yo Ho harvester,
I think you will be alright, at least I hope that she will remain a she ya know ?I'm more concerned with the damage right now.
Wounds are not a good thing and can drag out the stress factor in an unfavorable way. Think like this, your her medic, and you want to stabilize her broken wing so to speak. Move the lady's branches untill you find the position that seems to close up the wound, then carefully wrap her arm. You can even use a heavy thread. Once you have done this you need to apply a sealant like some soft warm wax. Then brace her up in such a way that there will be no further stress on the wound, then just treat her as you normally would.
Good Luck my friend

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hey harvester, something similar happened to me. I was pulling down on the branches and they split from the stem. I just released tension from the tie downs, and on a few that were really bad kinda tied them back to the main stem. That was about 3 weeks ago, and they seem to be doing well now...thriving even...where the split was has been grown over and is bulbous?...lol..Bulbous?...anyway, now that i think about it, i wonder if some Superthrive, or rooting hormone, place in the split area would be effective??..Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:.....also, Split Stem would be a great name for a Band...:headbang2: Good Luck

ill consider that for my next music project "split steam"

you might want to replace the plastic bag with something that can breath like a brown paper bag and use sisal instead of duct tape,this will speed up the healing process .
As long as you haven't stripped the cambium layer off the core of the plant it should callus over and strengthen.
this happens to me occasionaly it's no big deal as long as you tend to it .
It's a tuff weed and can take alot of abuse.

I have split a couple of my stems as well pinching and doing some lst. No hermie and I just left the stems as is, and was surprised that it just kept growing. But I'm sure she will be a little more susceptible to diseases now though.

godtea said:
you might want to replace the plastic bag with something that can breath like a brown paper bag and use sisal instead of duct tape,this will speed up the healing process .
As long as you haven't stripped the cambium layer off the core of the plant it should callus over and strengthen.
this happens to me occasionaly it's no big deal as long as you tend to it .
It's a tuff weed and can take alot of abuse.
not a bag just the plastic tie that comes on the bread bags

I gave my split stem a squeeze today, and its has hard as a rock, and still growing strong!

Latest posts

Back