starting this sunday..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middieman440

i am unknown
Reaction score
hey guys got my order of auto ak/bleberry glad i orderd when i did they are out of them now haha..well heres how im doing it as im low on cash for the time being..i bought 6 26 watt cfl lights with 3 2-way connectors and 1 42 watt cfl...the only soil im able to get at the moment is "i forget the name" but its from wal-mart and its for seed starting/organic...so i will just add bonemeal..but comes pre-nuted at like 0.2 % n-p-k and is ph balanced.. i have 3 gallon pots i will be using for the grow..the grow area is an open space in my spare room so im going to just use a corner of the room...will the lighting get screwed up since its in an open space...all info will be good thanks..and also yes i do have veg lights to use for 1st week or 2...thanks...

When you put the babies into flower you WILL need to give them 12hrs. of complete undisturbed darkness, you will have at least a month (depending on how long you veg) to figure that out...

umm there auto flower no need for 12/12 can go with 24 hrs the whole time but im doing 20/4 as they recomend that

middieman440 said:
umm there auto flower no need for 12/12 can go with 24 hrs the whole time but im doing 20/4 as they recomend that

^^ Correct :)

Can you build a basic box and paint the inside flat white?

It will give the plants more light ;)

:peace:

i cant build a box at all very tight budget..2kids single dad..so money is tight it all goes to them there mom is a duche but anyways...the way i have it so far is some what enclosed..3 walls and a couch just the top is open..wich should work out for air circulation and what not...the soil im using is for seed starting and i will have to be using this crap for the whole 10-11 weeks its called jiffy seed starting mix.couldnt find anything else since the stores around here dont put the gardening crap out untill april..now im not to worried about the quality of the smoke as this is just being done to make seeds while the rug rats are in disney-world..the smoke is a plus haha....im getting nervous as these seeds still havent cracked been germing in moist paper towels since saturday mourning..all my other seeds pop usually within a day but they say these auto flowers are hard shelled any info there would be cool..will using this soil be a problem as its still good stuff nice and fluffy..i already added bone meal to it not much just a little...:hubba:

bro i had same problem with my LR2 but they all popped by 2-3 day.So just have a little patience:) .i have 6 now in the paper towel and its day 2 and 4 have popped open;)

bone meal is good. Can you add some lime? That would help buffer ph. What nutes are you planning. I grew out some auto flowering plants. 8/10 female. Some were 6" and some 2'. Ran them 20/4, 9 weeks from germination. Dried weight was about 150 grams. Good luck

Ya know. When it comes to money for a cabinet. I used. Pvc for my first one. Build the frame out of the cheap stuff. You could buy a cheap tarp and tape with zip ties.
Or go on youtube and look at the way mr green set up his with a couple of 2x4 and blck moisure barrier plastic. Then get some cheap mylar out of those emergency blankets.
All cost effective........

:yeahthat:

for my auto's i am using 2 rubbermaid tubs sprayed flat white on the inside,with 2 cpu fans exhausting and one desk top 4 inch fan for circulating air in it and its working fine temps stay between 72-82 with 11 cfls (2 42 wat cfls and 9 26 watt ones)running in it.And citys idea is also a way to go was going to go that route but i thought i read some where pvc can harm u plants so went another way:)

well i think i screwed these seeds up,,,,,,i checked to see if they pooped none did,,but i forgot to put them back on the cable box to stay warm and well they got cold for about an hour or 2 im just gonna probably try the rest but i dont want togrr mad now :hubba:

make sure the seeds are germing in darkness. they dont like the light.

good luck. the lights and setup should be good enough, if you wanna up the reflectiveness atleast a bit, tape some aluminum foil to the back of the couch since you said you were gonna corner it off. dont know how much it would help but it would do more than the couch ;) good luck. i know its hard growing without much cash.

i have the clamp on lights with the cicular housing im cutting those in half.so i can position the lights as the grow matures.

i have the same clamp type lights your talking about. im about to cut mine in half now just from that idea. well, idk my 42w cfls stick out too much. oh dont know much bout lowryders, but you should prolly get a warm white flouro tube for when it starts flower. use the other lights up top, and the flouro tube on the side. position it in the corner or something and put the pot close, just dont spill water. at walmart i got a 38" warm white flouro for im thinking 15 bucks or maybe even a bit cheaper. it would put off a nice spectrum for the flower part.

adding that would prolly up your buddage. but once again dont know much at all about lowryders.

edit: also if you can upload pics, you should start a grow journal. It would be pretty cool to watch those go, ive been thinking about getting into growing some lowryders.

yeah im going to try and do a journal as soon as these pop.....!!but wont start the journal untill a week or 2 after..i have all the lights i need already..when you cut in half make sure you leave threaded cicrle intact....made mine like 3x's brighter..still need an answear the type of soil im using anyone got one..

Do not use foil as a reflector--it does not reflect well and can create hot spots.

ok middleman i just popped 6 lr2 in the same jiffy stuff u have and it took 48 hours for my seeds to crack open on the paper towel and i have just planted the in 16 oz cups with same stuff u have.But once they show sex i will transplant them out of the jiffy into some better soil i have for them to finish in.If the jiffy is all u got i would add some lime to it tho it says it has ph buffer in it i would still add a little more since peat has a real low ph JMO:)

Latest posts

Back