stigmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneedforalarm

Cannabinoid
Reaction score
some of my stigmas on my mother plant in veg are starting to turn red.could anyone explain what this means?or better yet enlighten me as to what is happening?i have seen some things about being in veg in theory forever,and people having to sex there plants an the mothers never showing them unless they have been sexed.is it the strain that has my veg plants showing there sex even though they have been under light 24/7 since birth?

I take it you are referring to the pistils coming out of the primordial(first viable individual flowers) calyxes at the nodes,where branches meet the stem?

They will wither and darken with time,its quite normal and although you have a plant on 24/7 it can still produce these,doesn't have to be on a flowering light cycle and they are not starting to flower.

heres another for ya on the subject.now is there any difference in potency or grow rate with a plant that shows it sex like this under continuous light?or does it even matter?another way...whats the benefit of having a plant like this besides showing its sex before flowering and releasing its pollen(if male)during the flowering stage randomly?and can a male that shows it sex(like these females i got here)in veg release any pollen?

Hi again noneedforalarm,

you say 'a plant like this' but your plant is nothing out of the ordinary as most plants will form primordial calyxes given enough time,certainly your usual dutch hybrids will so is no different in potency or growth rate because these appear.

I've not kept a male in veg for any great length of time,just flowered them to get pollen so can't say if ever a male flower would form and be viable if kept on a veg cycle.

That would be best answered by a breeder who has to keep males for crosses permanently in his growroom.

i say a plant like this because the new topic is at focus on when a plant shows it sex after 2 months in veg.trying to be specific i suppose.but the only thing i really am after which i will never have a problem with is the male showing signs of sex in veg and being able to pollute the veg room.but no doubt thanks for your time man,good looks.later

noneedforalarm said:
i say a plant like this because the new topic is at focus on when a plant shows it sex after 2 months in veg.trying to be specific i suppose.but the only thing i really am after which i will never have a problem with is the male showing signs of sex in veg and being able to pollute the veg room.but no doubt thanks for your time man,good looks.later

No...male has to have flwers to pollenate.so the male palnt will not flower in veg...so not in veg..;)

Latest posts

Back