Stomata and Co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowcannabisknowpeace

Cannabeizen
Reaction score
This is a question I’ve been pondering over for some time, but have been too lazy to do the proper research,…

So; If the stomata are the mechanism by which the plant inhales Co2 and they are solely located on the under side of the leaf, given that Co2 actually “falls”, how can we improve how much Co2 can get to the underside stomata?

If we use a fan, aren’t we losing usable Co2, since the plant can only uptake Co2 while the lights are on, meaning our fans/air outtake would come on as well.

Possibly it's an obvious answer, use an air conditioned light, and close up the tent and let the regulator go. Or, I've seen plastic or rubber tubing with laser drilled holes along the tubing, which one drapes around the entire tent, or I guess an individual plant?

Simply; How can we improve how much Co2 can get to the underside stomata? Or is it not necessary if you have good moving air from a fan? Still close up the tent? Thoughts?

Keep fighting the good fight, KCKP.

Look up "sealed room"
Internal fans only, no exhaust. Any HID lighting must be sealed on its own ductwork with a flow through exhaust just for the lights. Co2 emitter on a photosensor. Heat and humidity controlled by air conditioning. Fully enriched atmosphere. You just need one point source of co2 if your circulation is adequate.

Look up "sealed room"
Internal fans only, no exhaust. Any HID lighting must be sealed on its own ductwork with a flow through exhaust just for the lights. Co2 emitter on a photosensor. Heat and humidity controlled by air conditioning. Fully enriched atmosphere. You just need one point source of co2 if your circulation is adequate.
Thanks!
This thread has jump started a fleeting thought, I wonder how much light exactly is needed for the Stomata to open. Possibly using a lower wattage light only when the Co2 is flowing, and change the lighting back after the Co2 supplementation has been exhausted ( used up). Like an LED while the Co2 is flowing, and HPS (MH) the rest of the time. Hmmm,...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back