Stoned thinking,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba902

Reaction score
Can you run 2 fixtures to one ballast? I can't find anything besides an ehow to fluro's, I'll go guinie pig if anything lol. I'll prolly answer this thread by the time anyone does lol.. I'm impatient when I'm high, Or should I say, Productive :hubba: lol

They use to sell a switch that would go from one bulb to another and that would work or you need a dual ballast. You cannot have both fixtures on at the same time.

There used to be an adapter to make (2) 600w work off (1) 1000w.

No, you cannot. They do make a "flip box" (which isn't cheap) but this only enables you to run 2 lights at different times, not at the same time.

I would be quite leery of anything that would turn 1 1000W into 2 600W (I have never heard of or seen these). These are high wattage lights....be careful of what you try, you could kill yourself or burn your house down. Ballasts are not that expensive...

They do make a splitter that runs 2 600's off of 1 1000w ballast.
Hydrofarm sells them. I know people buy them as my local store sells them, I have not heard of any issues, but I know they don't sell many.

hXXp://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=11992

hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=11992 said:
SunPulse Splitter
SKU: SPGSPLIT
Suggested Retail: $83.95

Split every 1000w HPS lighting system (with magnetic ballast) into two 600w SunPulse lighting systems!

Growers suffer from excessive energy consumption and too much heat in the grow-room. The lights heat the room up and then growers pay money to heat and cool the room. The SunPulse Splitter brings a new solution for these specific problems. Use a single 1000w HPS magnetic ballast to drive two 600w SunPulse Lamps whether they're in the same room or not. Watch your electric bills go down along with your total cost of operations.

I would still be leery of using this. I do not understand how a 1000 watts can drive 1200 watts:confused2: without something goofing up

I never even tried it lastnight lol, Got to thinking about it... nahh lol. I like my house,saftey,life, and deff being a member of MP!.. thanks everyone for the input though!

A friend of mine has 2 flower rooms and runs them off one ballast. Lights in in room 1, lights off room 2. It's just a flip switch. Basically running the ballast 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back