Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andcpresenting, umbra's Box o chocolates that broke ground on 4/20 .
Cheese too; one so far from a well aged pack. Expecting great things out of both of these!
20200422_194234.jpg
20200422_194313.jpg

Medium is half mother earth coco and half happy frog.
Times are hard, you're afraid to pay the feeeee....
Of having your favorite compost shipped UPS...
The vegetables went nuts under identical conditions and I just treated these seeds like veggies, but fancy. 1/4" down, patted in, kept warm and moist, and poof, sprouties.

Keep up the good work. Going to be a good harvest.

Oh was that the buzzing I heard? I've got my order of no-pest strip refills delivering Friday.
I have some folks who I found/find particularly obnoxious/inane on ignore.
For the record I am here to grow and be taken seriously; I've spent 25 years as a woman working in traditionally male dominated industries from commercial fishing to the military to the wild world of aerospace manufacturing... fending off attention that has nothing to do with my skills and experience and everything to do with the fact that I was born without a wee wee. I refuse to play into any of it, I will not play damsel in distress, and I will not act cute or flirty for the amusement of others. My skin is not only thick, it's armored like a crocodile. Say something to me that is gendered and utterly idiotic, and I will never take you seriously again.
That's my rant, and I'm done, and I do NOT want this garbage polluting a grow log I have put a lot of love into.

FIN.

Last edited:
Everything is sold out or has at least doubled in price. Some things have gone even higher. I wanted a worm farm... Like a branded one, $300! 4x4 flood table- $275! Nope, nope, nope! Just going to get crafty I guess...

Crafty is the name of the game Nov! Hey here's a good one: anyone who has slogged around the dirty end of restaurants knows those nasty crusty cheese-contaminated grey poly bus tubs. Check auction houses and CL. They work great as mini flood tables and you can do a single on a 5 gallon pail, or line them up with a nice big reservoir and gang of pumps on staggered timers feeding them. Your only restrictuon is total liquid depth so you might just want to do each as a bed grow with a couple plants rather than containerized. Been there done that lol.

Lesso gave me the hungering for the table with his cleanliness but the functionality of it is even better. Bus tubs are probably cheap right now lol! They gonna give me flashbacks tho... You did just drastically cut the cost of my hydro dream, thank you!

You still need a good hole saw : ]
I still have line cook nightmares. In the weeds and the FOH manager is yelling about some bull and I'm just watching that empty saute pan get hotter and hotter and hotter... come a little closer, Kyle. Come on, enter my kingdom of garlic butter and pain...

I've got hole saw covered up to 6" in metal and wood. Metal blades cut plastic just fine as long as you can hold it still and get a good start. Wood teeth are often to few and just skitter about. I'm lacking a proper shop. Some day, someday.

Lesso gave me the hungering for the table with his cleanliness but the functionality of it is even better. Bus tubs are probably cheap right now lol! They gonna give me flashbacks tho... You did just drastically cut the cost of my hydro dream, thank you!
These are 80 bucks if you need a 50 gallon res tank. It sits low and wide amd they make smaller and cheaper ones. Rubbermaid tank.
Screenshot_20200423-180755.jpg

You still need a good hole saw : ]
I still have line cook nightmares. In the weeds and the FOH manager is yelling about some bull and I'm just watching that empty saute pan get hotter and hotter and hotter... come a little closer, Kyle. Come on, enter my kingdom of garlic butter and pain...
I once froze a GM's keys in 5 gallons of ice.

So let me tell you a story of Stupid Stinky, just to lighten the mood lol.
Once long ago when I was but a wee (well, not exactly wee, but a few pounds lighter in the brain) home grower, I bought myself a weapon of mass destruction: a half inch drive corded Milwaukee drill with a side handle. I mean, this thing is FRIGHTENING. I needed to saw out a nice round hole for a big exhaust fan to deal with my root cellar flower room, which was prone to dampness. That may or may not have had anything to do with several rounds of tenants running liquid plumr down into a bronze trap. The proper chemical for that is 96% sulfuric acid, but that's another story.
So me being all excited I wanted to get rocking right away. I didn't install the side handle because I stupidly assumed it existed for *real* tough jobs like masonry, and 3/4" soft pine board would be like butter.
I'm not a total greenhorn but my woodworking skills come from years as a luthiers apprentice, where wood is thin and tools are sharp and delicate.
Boy did I get a rude awakening. That monster roared to life and immediately caught a dead knot. The kick was like a hippo. It wrenched my wrist backwards so hard I thought it was broken, and promptly buried itself in some nearby drywall.
Ten years later it's one of my favorite tools. And yes. I put on the d4mned side handle.
The end.

Stinky, you rock. I love what you did with the purple at the first of your journal. Lovely. I didn't get thru the whole thing, but you are a great grower and we are so lucky to have you with us. Thanks for all your help. Sorry I am tardy with this thanks.

Latest posts

Back