Stoners with Goals!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
I just recently started writing down daily goals and have been mostly successful in keeping up with them so far, and I've noticed I'm getting a lot more done then when I was just going where the day took me.

So I'm wondering if any of my fellow MP folk out there keep regular goals and whatnot...? and if so, how has that affected your lives?

:48:

Yeah, I have "To-Do Lists". The shrink and psychologist have explained the benefits of doing so many times (I'm being treated at the VA for PTSD, Major depressive disorder, and Social Anxiety disorder). I find they come in very handy. When I get one piece of paper filled up with things to do, I use it for a blotter under my coffee cup, and start a blank sheet. Sometimes I get farther than that, and my wife will find my list in my pocket after she washes my jeans, and I get scolded for that.

I think that i would get farther if I kept two lists, one for things I have to do that I intend to do evetually, and the other list for things I have to do that I have no intention of ever doing. In fact, I have it on my list of things to do to try that very thing. I might even get around to keeping two completely seperate sets of lists, one to keep myself oriented in the real world, and the other to take to show the psychologist. Just write a bunch of stuff on the list, cross 90% of it off, and act proud when I show it to her.

At one time I was convinced the psychologist was full of baloney, with the dish of M&Ms on her desk as a reward for me saying something that she wanted to hear. I thought it would be much better if she gave out happy pills instead of M&Ms. Then they started me on Lorazepam, and that was nice. But the withdrawal was kinda harsh. So, when I go to the VA for an appointment, I just pretend I'm going to see my brother-in-law and he's gonna try to sell me a used car. I act polite, smile, nod a lot, but don't pay a whole lot of attention, and NEVER sign anything.

A buddy told me one time that the only way to get proper treatment at the VA was to throw a chair threw the window, jump on the desk, and urinate on the doc's head. But I've seen those guys in the Thorazine ward. Too much of a good thing, ya ask me.

I have two alarm clocks on my desk, one set for 9am and the other for 9pm. That's to remind to me turn the lights on and off in the grow room. Most of the time I remember to make a note on the calendar when I nute the girls, and sort of keep track of that OK. The dog and cats have developed a way of letting me know when they need something that works pretty good. For everything else, I have a wristwatch that not only tells me what time it is, but what day/date it is.

Many years ago, I worked with a guy that was about 75 years old. One day we were talking about "suffering from old age". He told me the secret was to stop suffering from it and start having fun with it. I think he was right.

So, I dunno, I can see where if ya set goals ya could get things accomplished. But I'm finding that I enjoy the day more when its wide open and full of opportunities. Life is a bowl of cherries. Toke on, Bro.

wow.... your guys(gals) are the ****. i know swearing on this forum isn't allowed.. but your a kick *** bunch of normally crazy kinda folk.
I feel real comfortable in this forum, perhaps cuz i'm naked half the time, but I feel at home here.
Keep up the Bad *** bad assness MP'ers. we gona change the world someday!

I use to.
Like when getting stoned back in Nam. Id wake up like. Todays goal. Try in keep alive. Worked out kinda well but was hard work.
Thats why later I got one of them things like MCM up top there. A wife.
When that got to be to much. I had kids. Then that took alot of the focus off me.

smokingjoe said:
As the mad hatter said; if you don't know where you want to get to any road will do.

well said.
however, what if one has the desire to get to a specific location? :bong:

I've noticed I'm getting a lot more done then when I was just going where the day took me.
I very strongly feel the same way. I think you're headed in a great direction, taking control of your life!

When I need to get stuff done, unless it's uber simple like laundry or cleaning, I tend to have written it down ahead of time. Whether it's a grocery list, a meal list, a workout routine, my work schedule, or a list of recommended books I intend to read.. a list is essential. I can not imagine functioning productively without it.

Over a year ago I started to write a journal.. my life was very chaotic and I was very confused about many things, and although I never intended "to write a journal", it just sort of evolved naturally as I had this inner urge to write things down. I find myself still doing so, and I swear it's changed my life. I find it especially useful with manic thoughts.. because I can repeat the same thoughts over and over again in my mind, locking myself in an emotional prison.. but I can only write something down so many times before I force myself to move onto to something new.

I'm starting to get back into the habit of keeping a weekly/yearly planner, that also is a life-changer.

It's strange.. I learnt about all of these tools very early on in school.. but adapting it to my mature/modern life has been a challenge, because of the lifestyle shift that goes along with it. Challenging myself is what brings out the best in my life.

:)

I started a journal once...after about a week i re-read what i had written and decided to destroy the evidence of my insanity...lol....if anyone found it they would lock me up for sure....

as far as making a list...its just another thing to do that i dont have time for because i was doing something else...i just cant remember what it was...ooooooo, look at the pretty bird........wait, what was i saying?....oh well, time to smoke another bowl...i should put that on my list....

My wife is so bad she makes lists of lists she's got going. Me? Hu-hu-hu-hu...ain't got no list, ain't got no goals. I just do what I do and if it floats, well that's good.

Latest posts

Back