STOP!!! Quit flowering before I'm ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Ok so heres the question....I have my clones under a 175 Mh 24/7. I also use the room to veg. I leave the lights on in the basement all the time as well. Two of the older ones are starting to flower that are only about 6/8 inches tall. Iv'e sent two sets of clones out to the flower room with no problems up til now. Any suggestions? Oh and if anyone could settle a dispute I'm having, whats the best way to get tight buds? A fan on them all of the time, or flowering under an hps?

GreenDayGirl said:
Ok so heres the question....I have my clones under a 175 Mh 24/7. I also use the room to veg. I leave the lights on in the basement all the time as well. Two of the older ones are starting to flower that are only about 6/8 inches tall. Iv'e sent two sets of clones out to the flower room with no problems up til now. Any suggestions? Oh and if anyone could settle a dispute I'm having, whats the best way to get tight buds? A fan on them all of the time, or flowering under an hps?
Whats up GreenDayGirl. So what you are saying is some of your clones are starting to flower before you put them into flower. Is this right? IMO getting your HPS as close to the plants as possible without burning them will give you the tight buds you are looking for.

Thanks for the response TBG, I guess nobody else cares about GDG anymore. :( Anyhow...yes I'm saying that my clones that are around 3/4 weeks are starting to flower under 24/0. They're under a 175 mh. Everything was going great until about two weeks ago. Before that everyone was happy and rooting and growing fast, and then.....????? I haven't changed anything. Now it seems as though everything has s l o w e d way down. I had this cool 10 plant into flower every 3 weeks going on but whats the point of flowering a 6 inch clone. HELP!!! I'm stumped! :confused:

GreenDayGirl are your clones just getting a few hairs or are they forming buds? Can you toss up a few pics it would really help. ;)

I'll post some pics this evening. No buds, just white hairs popping up all over. None of the rest I've put into flower had any obvious white hairs until almost two weeks in. It is bagseed and I've come across 4 different strains so far but these clones I took myself so I know it's not that auto flowering "big ball of bud" strain that I had. :confused:

I myself don't think it's anything to worry about. It almost sounds like pre flowers but i'm not sure if clones get them or not. I know that the White Widow clones we had this time around did the same thing as yours. I would just keep them in veg until you are ready to put them into flower.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
It almost sounds like pre flowers but i'm not sure if clones get them or not.

yep they do.... sounds pretty normal to me :D

i took clones on my ladies and they went through the entire Veg stage WHILE preflowering and they still grew very nicely, the hairs are nothing to worry about , they wont just start randomly growing bud under 24/0, so you can still put them into flowering when ever you want, i think the thing is that the clones were taken from a mature plants, so its almost like those little babies started there veg cycle in maturity, so they continue to grow is veg but also producing pre-flowers to let you know they are ready to produce when ever you are... someone more knowledgable can clean up after me , but thats my 2 cents

I think you guys are deadon. As the mother/donor grows older/matures. The cuts taken from her are "that" age. If she(donor) is preflowering, so will the fresh cuts. In some cases, especially with 'revegged' plants, they refuse to return to a "fully" vegetating state. Meaning they will remain shooting pistills regardless of the light schedule. Regardless of how long you keep them under 24/0.

teckS said:
they wont just start randomly growing bud under 24/0,

say teckS,

the will and do :eek:

did a bubblegum grow about 3 years ago, had one clone go full flower on 24/0 under a 1k hps...

was just a freak for some reason and grew 1 bud on a stick:(

slim odd's I know but it can happen ;)

grow on

Thanks everyone. I just did what a "sparky" does.....added more light :D . For whatever reasons everything seems to be picking up again. No new pistils in two days! yea!

Latest posts

Back