streetched seeds part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
OK its been 25 days since i planted the seeds
if you read my other post , or commented you know they stretched a bit
heres a new pic of them ( + some clones Ive took )
what im wondering is should i re pot them into deeper pots again and bury them up to the first set of leaves .....as that's what a few people suggested
i have got a little fan now as u can see behind and there still under my 150w grow light .

28062009213.jpg 28062009214.jpg

wat kinda fan is that? it looks like one them novelty lil battery operated spray bottle attached fans, no?
i'll be honest man that prolly aint gonna cut it bro.
and wat kinda light you talkin here. 150watts... wat kind cfl mh hps floro tubes..?
and is ya cfl if its a cfl actual 150 watt or 150 watt equivalent. cuz it seems to me you need way more lighting and if you put in a bigger pot then bury them deeper they're just gonna stretch some more again is all if you gonna use the same setup u ben usin from the looks of things anyway. jmo tho.
but for 25 days even they should be lookin a bit fuller than that also jmo.
for real i hope you dont think im tryin to rain on ya parade. i just would hate to see someone else go thru the heartache i did in my first grow. especially when i see someone makin same mistakes i made in life and all i gotta do is shed some love. ya know wat im sayin.
my first grow last year i started indoors and they all stretched like this until i added more cfls. then it quit granted normal growth stretch.
if ya on the cheap and on a budget tehy got wats called a high velocity fan at walmart . its 4 inch round in a metal grill like fan and they only 7$ here. and it'd be a hell of a lot better than one you got for sure.
and a 2 pack of 6500k cfl's at walmart is just under 10$ for decent ones "GE" brand. and if that space in back ground is their room then if i was you i'd frame off a smaller section wit cardboard even reducing the square footage of ya canopy wise. or even set it all in a big box lined wit white paper even and lite hangin over and hole cut in the side for the fan and i think that'd be cheap but better yet man.
good luck to ya.

They're stretching for light (they need about 3-5,000 lumens each so 150 wt isn't enough). No worries though. Get bigger pots so you won't have to transplant them again. Your root mass will be a little deeper now as well. Carefully bareroot and sink the stems deep enough so they can stand on their own. Depending on how weak they are, I'd go an inch or two below the leaves. New roots will actually begin to grow from the stem just below the surface. -I'd go get at least a 250wt (24,000 initial lumans for 4sq. ft.) MH (blue/white light) light for veg. growth and HPS (red light) for flower. You may want to wait a little extra time before flower stage. Good luck

or maybe like wat i did wit my tomatoes when i put em in the ground. they had some stretch to em and instead of goin deeper i just put em at a normal avg. depth and just kindsa lightly bent the stem at somewat 90 deg angle and burried the a bit sideways like and covering up the first two bottom nodes in the ground too. new roots should shoot out where ya bury its stem in time. jmo

Latest posts

Back