stressed clones, potential for hermies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was away from home too long and discovered my clones severely wilted from lack of water. Most of them bounced back within a few hours but one of them was in much worst shape then the rest. I had to trim off some of her leaves and stem because it looked unrecoverable. I see some new growth that looks promising though, and there are a few roots poking out the bottom of the containers already so she will probably make it.

I'm worried the stress will eventually lead to a hermie though. Is nursing a clone like this back to health really worth it ? She is from a high quality strain (Serious Seeds) but I don't want to waste my time if it turns out to be a hermie in the future because of my screwup.

pic 001.jpg

pic 002.jpg

This is just my opinion but I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. The only time I worry about stress is during the flowering period. I have brought clones back from the brink of death and don't remember a single time that clone went on to hermie. Jmo

I agree with Hammy. All clones are stressed at my house and have never had a hermie.

Hamster Lewis said:
This is just my opinion but I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. The only time I worry about stress is during the flowering period. I have brought clones back from the brink of death and don't remember a single time that clone went on to hermie. Jmo

:yeahthat: and :eek: must be nearing Halloween... :bolt:

Good to hear, I don't want to lose this clone, her mother is a real champ. Real vigorous, loves the nutes, can't get enough of them.

I have trouble keeping track of the wet/dry cycle when I'm dealing with seedlings for some reason. When they're large It's like clockwork, I can predict the day/time when they will need to be fed. But for some reason these young clones/seedlings will dry out when I least expect it, like when I'm at work or asleep.

I read somewhere that young seedlings are harder to overwater than bigger plants and some have suggested to just err on the side of caution and water them before they get 'bone dry' so they don't get underwatered. Is this true? Do you guys agree with this method?

I let them dry but not bone dry or to the wilting stage.

. I'd rather err on the side of damper. I've come too close to losing a batch because they got too dried while I was at work.

Latest posts

Back