stretch in late flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puffnstuff

Reaction score
got another question. Anyone ever experience a growth spurt in late flower, last stages of ripening? A couple times I have had plants that were vurtually ready to harvest when they give a 2-4" growth spurt of stem with very sparse flowers at the top and most of the buds stretch too makeing them thin out kinda...I think it may be due to a heavy dose of 10-52-10 that I gave them late in flower but I dont know for sure. anyone have an answer?...or guess? thanks
puff

puffnstuff said:
got another question. Anyone ever experience a growth spurt in late flower, last stages of ripening? A couple times I have had plants that were vurtually ready to harvest when they give a 2-4" growth spurt of stem with very sparse flowers at the top and most of the buds stretch too makeing them thin out kinda...I think it may be due to a heavy dose of 10-52-10 that I gave them late in flower but I dont know for sure. anyone have an answer?...or guess? thanks
puff

Yeah sativas have a tendency to do this.. what week of flower are you on exactly? What strain are you growing do you know? _ you may think your plant is ripe when it COULD indeed be many weeks from finishing.. just ask the brothers grunt "TBG" one of his sativas.. i think it was a cherry malawi strain, went for almost 17 weeks if i remember!! O_O!!

It has happened with bag seed and known seed's as well as clones of white russian. Most of my stuff is heavy indica dominate except for the "never ending bud" I grew, it was in flower for just under 6 months when I chopped it to make room for other stuff. I had 1 wr that shot up 8 little finger buds out of it's top at 9 weeks of 12/12, was thinking of chopping it one day when I took it out of the box it had shot these fingers up 1/2" overnight, within 3 more days they were 4" tall, rest of the plant had cloudy and red trich's. I waited a week to see what else might happen, finaly I cut off all the ripe buds and left those 8 fingers on top for another 3 weeks to ripen, looked pretty funny. It must have been the "expert bloom burst 10-52-10" that I was feeding them. I over did the ferts I think, trying to fatten them up some more, typical newbie mistake I guess. Some times the growth would look like just 1 skinny little stem with a flower here, a leaf there, spaced 1/4 - 1/2" apart. very funny looking.
puff

kinda like this pic below. (sorry MP for stealing one of your pics and cropping it).
puff

funny growth.jpg

yeah mine is doing the same thing, and i use the same nutes as well, all the sudden getting taller and lankier, while it spats out buds that are spaced apart

Really?...cool, thanks buddy. I think that answers the question then. It's the nutes brb....just tossed them in the round file.
puff

Latest posts

Back