suggestion on lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashido

Reaction score
I have a closet 39 inches in depth and 20 inches width about 6 feet long what kind of lighting should i use? Im also going to use 1 intake fan and 1 exhaust fan

I would use a 400 watt hps in an air cooled hood. A digital ballast would be even better because then you could use a mh for veg and hps for flower using the same ballast. You could get a switchable ballast also. I wouldn't use anything over 400 watt. You could use even less light depending on how much you want out of your garden and how fast. Everybody has different needs and limitations.

kasgrow said:
I would use a 400 watt hps in an air cooled hood. A digital ballast would be even better because then you could use a mh for veg and hps for flower using the same ballast. You could get a switchable ballast also. I wouldn't use anything over 400 watt. You could use even less light depending on how much you want out of your garden and how fast. Everybody has different needs and limitations.
'nuff said!

I agree,get a cool tube 400 hps. Believe me, My closet is bigger than yours, temps were in the low 70s , once I fired that 400hps, bam, 85 to 90, with air condition in the room, and intake and exhaust. Now i have to build a cheapy cool tube, but if I could go back, I would have paid the extra 50 or 60 bucks from HTG supply for the cool tube hps.

Latest posts

Back