Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool87

Reaction score
Ok, this is going to be my first year growing indoors, one plant, nothing fancy...

(outdoors has turned out well, sadly i dont have any pics of finish product....)

I have this is a growing section,
Width 27inches (2.25Ft)
Length 22 Inch (1.83 Ft)
Highth 32 Inch (2.67 Ft)

It's a small grow area, just gotten room for. Basicly like a closet, Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, Just looking for a Canadian Tire or Home Hardware may have bulbs to grow just simple....
Also if any suggestions on a home made concoxion to feed the plants. I know there is alot of high tech things i just cannot afford... I have about $50 for a new light....

PS. Area is going to be tinfoiled (any suggestion as to what side? I assume shiney :). Going to have a small cpu fan venting it.... Soil and container, no problem.

Mainly what light do I need? :| Does a hologen work? General Flood light?

Thanks for Help! Sorry If i posted wrong section?

EDIT: I'm planting a large bucket for roots to spread (flater than larger) and i plan on trimming.

I would suggest a CFl, because of low heat. Especially for a room that size. Wouldn't take much lighting. I read somewhere that a great grow room has 40w per sq. foot. So you have 4.11 sq feet, thus about 160w would be good. I recently puchased a 150w Compact floresent Bulb($70) and Reflector($35) and it is more than enough light for my veg room which is about 3x5. I believe CFL's are the way to go for a small room. Hope this helps

I would suggest a 2 foot T5 flouro system, might be a bit more money than you have right now, but it will be worth every penny you pinch. With the price you gave though, take a look at some high wattage CFL bulbs, proabaly the way to go for you.

No halogens or floodlights will not work.

Don't use tinfoil, use mylar.

=--and as for the tin foil--actually you're gonna want the dull side out- i know, sounds counter productive, but i look at it this way. if you were to use a mirror to line your walls, all the light that does not get absorbed by the plant is reflected away green. once it bounces off of the mirror it would return to the plant green and still be not usable. check out the light section of the forum. there is a sticky that is all about reflective material.

check out this vid on youtube--it really gave me some ideas to stretch some height out of my tiny stealth area.
hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANvRXwJSUKc
(replace the XX with tt)

if you're anxious to get some bud going and only got $50 for lights, cfls are pretty much your options. most of your shop lights and halogen type will be wrong spectrum and put out a lot of heat. i'd sugests starting out with one and try to save up money and maybe splurge on that 2 foot t5 system blanco mentioned. just know you're gonna need to add light as they grow. even if that 50 is your max for lights, you'll still get a lil bit o buds--any any bud is good bud!, well, until you get spoiled like it seems most are on this site...lol. the amount/quality of light will determine overall plant growth, as well as bud density. i'd read a few of the sticky's in the light section and you'll learn a lot!

what about a 70 watt HPS theres a sticky PotBelly has here..i think you need another 20 bucks tho..and if you can get some white paint..its better then foil..look around paint stores cheap..tin foil makes hot spots on plants..and Milars cheap too..good luck..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back