sun systems 250w hps???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithgrown

R.I.P. Dime Bag
Reaction score
i am a new grower and currently vegging with 4 40w 4ft fluoros tubes and doing nicely. my question is can i flower with this system? i was also looking at the sun system2 250w hps set up. it seems to come with all needed stuff but can you just plug this baby in or do you have to wire it to a circut in the house. i am looking for just a plug and play hps if anyone knows where to find this. also is this sun system 250w steup enough to flower 6 12 to 14in plants? thanks guys for your help

sorry the last part wasnt very clear. can the sun system 250w flower 6 12in to 14in plants. sorry little stoned

hmmm not much intrest in this post. can anyone just check this out

HI SmithG...

Whassup? I feel for you bro... I can't just leave your thread out here just whistling in the wind...

You might be able to get away with using a 250w hps with a built in ballast if you can keep your closet door open and have a fan blowing cool air into the closet but it's still going to be on the warm side. I've used 250w MH for vegging for years and it would get into the mid 80's or higher if I closed it up in a closet. A 4 ft. 8 bulb T5 fixture would be a better option for that many plants but you'll want to keep them low with LST or SCROG...

You can't adequately cover more than a couple of plants with a 250w unless you flower them very small like single bud colas imho. It would work fine until you sex your plants but you'll want to hopefully pick only a couple of females to flower under a light that size. Again... use LST or SCROG to keep the plants low and the canopy even so you can keep the light maybe a foot away from the developing buds.

What you really need is one of these to put on your drill and a powerful fan but I know you've heard all of that... And what about the smell? Without a filter and a fan your grow won't be very stealth...

Happy Growing!:cool:

HoleSaw.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

I have the Sun Systems 400 W switchable (convertible) ballast. It uses regular MH and HPS bulbs and you flip a switch on the ballast when you change bulbs. Just finished my 1st grow.

I'm new too, but did things much the way you are. I learned on here that trying to squeeze too many plants under a light will hurt your yield tremendously. I ended up killing a female but they were right. I ended up with 4 plants flowering under my 400 W HPS and was glad I culled the crop.

I was surprised how close I was able to put the plants to the light. I had them 6-8 inches below the light and they were thriving. Keeping good quality light close to the plants is the key, IMHO.

Good luck.

AG

Latest posts

Back