temp question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
can a plant survive with 90 dagree temps or will this harm them in the long run.if i open the door to my grow cab it gets down to about 83-87 dagrees thx

88 and up will destroy them soon...
Unless you introduce CO2. ;)
but I've grown in 90-93F and they grew. You get over 95 then your gonna be having major probs.

My ladies have put up with 104 degree temps and are doing fine ... of course it's not that high all the time ... but the temps on the flower level are between 90-100 ... in the summer ...

ya i figured it only gets that hot when its closed but when its open wich is all the time it stays at about 80-83 i live in florida and i have grown outside befor so i figured if plants can survive in 90 plus dagrees outside

but thx for the info

Outside, you're opk with high temps because you have plenty of fresh co2 in the air. inside, you need to keep them below 80, butI have grown with temps in the 90's. the plants won't die, but they get stressed and growth is slow. if you can cool the room any other way than do it. And bring in the most fresh ventilated air you can. One time in the summer, before i had ac, i would leave the front door open and blow fresh air into the house alll day. this carried away odor too, i got one ounce per plant and my neighbors ddin't notice the smell.

where specifically do you check the temp, up around my hood it is 90-95, but if i check by my outlet for exhaust i get around 78-82, im in pre flower so i prob should check at the plants top correct??

Check the area near the top of the plants. I use a thermo, and hang it as far from my light as needed till it reaches 80 degress, than I lower the light to the plants, so I know they're not getting more than 80.

Yes, check plants at the top. This will be there hottest spot. You can get a thermo, hygrom, for about $15 with a temp sensor on a cord. so one can measure room and the zsensor on the cord can measure plant tops

my rooms been between 80-90 i induced flowering 2 weeks ago today and they went from 10 inches-30 inches.theyre all females so far,but im keeping a darn good eye out for seed pods.i agree with 420freedom,open your windows and get as much frsh air into the room/Growbox as possible.

if it wasn't for fresh air mine would have baked long ago.i finally got off my wallet and ordered the portable ac unit.i am tired of keeping my tent open all the time my lights are on.it sucks keeping an eye on them all day.i bought a 12000 btu,just for my babies.i am going to make a sheet metal attachment for it once it arrives,with flanges to duct to both tents.if this doesn't do it,i'll go back to buying my smoke,lol 500 bucks for this critter. its free standing with a drip pan.just have to duct it outside to draw air.thank god

Latest posts

Back