Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I am not seeing any tents wider than 4 feet on ebay,,do you think I could squeeze in a 4ft 8 bulb T5 in a 4x4x7 tent or is that pushing it? maybe ditch the 4ft bulbs and go with 2 footers if I can get enough lumens to veg?

I am running a 4 bulb 4 foot HO T5 setup in my 2x4x5 tent....you shld hve no problem. You might be a lil short lumen wise though. 48,000 lumens needed for veg in a 4x4 area. Believe and 8 bulb 4 foot setup shld be good for 40,000 I believe.

Thx bho, been saving for a long to get this setup! I can defiantly say that the blockbuster hoods are the best I have ever seen.

Some pics of my current setup......

Filter.....(not hooked up) P9160023.jpg

Cool Tube 600W HPSP9160025.jpg

6 inch inline fanP9160024.jpg

3 Happy Ladies a cpl days into flower. Pre 98 Bubba and 2 LArry OGP9160005.jpg

thanks for that I will be tenting soon myself, May I ask where you are intaking from. Is it outside air or just the air in the room outside your tent? I ask because I am going to intake from outside but I am pretty worried about the cold nights ahead

Is that your 4x4 with a 600 in it? Um Hammy, i mean

dontknowmuch said:
thanks for that I will be tenting soon myself, May I ask where you are intaking from. Is it outside air or just the air in the room outside your tent? I ask because I am going to intake from outside but I am pretty worried about the cold nights ahead

I hve three passive intakes along the bottom of the tent....they draw their air from the room. I open and close windows in the room to varying degrees to maintain cool temps. Right now we cooled off where I am big time outside so keeping them cool is easy. The warm air is vented out a window.

Through out most of winter I barely hve to crack a window much to cool that room plus I run my lights at night to battle the colder temps. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
I run my lights at night to battle the colder temps.

I thought about this cause Im gonna have heating issues later this winter, but I dont think I could stop running in there 45 times a day lol.

Lemon Jack said:
I thought about this cause Im gonna have heating issues later this winter, but I dont think I could stop running in there 45 times a day lol.

Depending on your climate, it might not make a difference. It gets cold enough where I live that I need auxilary heat in my flowering space when the lights are off in the winter, regardless of whether they are running at night or during the day.

How cool can it get in my space before I have to drag out the portable heater and does anyone know a good energy efficient electric heater.Should I go oil or spot? Hey Ham I dont have any windows I can open so I am drilling vent holes through the wall to outside and running ducting to the tent, or I may just run into room. Will have to experiment. I Will set the tent up when I start flowers in a couple months

dontknowmuch said:
How cool can it get in my space before I have to drag out the portable heater and does anyone know a good energy efficient electric heater.Should I go oil or spot? Hey Ham I dont have any windows I can open so I am drilling vent holes through the wall to outside and running ducting to the tent, or I may just run into room. Will have to experiment. I Will set the tent up when I start flowers in a couple months

I can't confirm whether this works personally but I read about a guy who used an electric blanket 2 warm his tent during lights off. He actually had it inside the tent on the floor, but I'd b worried about it causing a fire if water got near it. Might not b as much of an issue if u were growing in soil (less chance of water spillage/leakage than hydro). Probably safer 2 have it underneath the tent, I'm sure there would b enough heat transfer. U could hook up the blanket 2 a thermostat w/ probe & set it up that way.

Not sure how much electricity the blankets use or even if they would provide significant heat, but it should transfer the heat 2 the roots more effectively than other forms of heating. Assuming ur girls aren't raised high up off the floor that is. While ur experimenting u could try it if u already have an electric blanket, or maybe the more experienced folk out there have any thoughts on it?

This idea may be a dead end but just thought I'd throw it in the mix, always nice 2 have options. I like that whatever our problems are, the minds of TGC are ticking over 4 a solution... nice 1!!

:ciao: TGC

Nice Tent HAmmy...I have a friend thats looking into one and told them of this site and this club, and how yall will help them more by them reading this thread then any of the Grow shop gurus will ever do...very clean setup..

TheHempGodess....I have issues here as well com Christmas time and my flower rooms lights are off..realy didnt want to put heater in them...so I put a 70cfm duct fan with timer on top of the rooms and will atleast get the heat from the veg area flowing in when lights out...aint tried it yet...but is ready for if needed

Take care and be safe Growers:bolt::bong:

Do you like it multifarious ? this because i haven't made my mind on the clonebox or the homebox S :doh:

Welcome to our three newest members:

mr. greenbuzz
Smokster42
darocsfinest1

Guys when you get a chance post up a pic or two of your set ups. Welcome to the land of tent growing.:)

Hey Hamster, I 4got 2 pick a number when I signed up, could I b #1212? Cheers.
By the way, u r 1 burning hunk of hot Asian shemale!

multifarious said:
Filling out in the tent but just running 2 outta 3 600s right now.
I'm waiting till our heatwave subsides before firing up the 3rd
weve been having record breaking temps of 86f and snow forecast for Sunday :spit:

Looking good multifarious...no more heat here in Jersey to worry about. Nice to be able to go full steam ahead.:) mojo.

PocketRadzys said:
Hey Hamster, I 4got 2 pick a number when I signed up, could I b #1212? Cheers.
By the way, u r 1 burning hunk of hot Asian shemale!

I got ya bro....no need for the flattery.:hubba: Everyone knows us Asian shemales are drop dead sexy.....:p

Hey multi,

sedtup's looking great mate, I like the cool tube in the middle idea, looks very neat. Just a quick question, what brand of tent r u using? (sorry if u've already specified the brand) & more specifically, does it hold the weight of multiple lights/fans etc ok, or have u reinforced it somehow?

Hey Hammy, and all Tent growers! I have just sprouted a Dutch Passion Skunk #1 in my Growlab GL40 Tent, it measures 2x2x5'3". I'm using a 200w MH DIY light which came from "The Hemp Goddess". I'm going to scrog this beauty and flower her under the same lamp but, then I will swap out the MH bulbs and put in 2-150w HPS bulbs for 300w! I might consider a closed system, but not sure just yet. Here is a few pics for ya:eek:

007.jpg

Latest posts

Back