Testing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quontoke

Greatness in the making
Reaction score
Hey MP, i am scheduled to take a dt march 4 and I used to be a chronic smoker until January 3, 2009. Since then I have only smoked on two different occasions, taking about four pulls a piece. Before February 2nd, i only smoked once before that and i bought a dt and my thc levels were still able to be detected. Now unfortunately I gave into my weakness and smoked one other time same amount. I have been drinking green tea, lots of water and also went to the nutritional store and brought some daily detox tea which sometimes i mix with the green tea. Do you think I will be clean by march 4 and if not what else should I do. I think that the week before I go i am going to go onto an all water diet, and working out, eating less fatty foods maybe just salad and cereal for a week. I dont plan on smoking anymore until my three months of dt is over so for april i will be fine, just wondering about march

Is this for Work or Probation?

Neither its court ordered that i take it. basically to keep the fact that they found a blunt on me off of my record. I go to a lab and pay for them to do it.

All I can tell you is read this. Personally I have never seen anybody beat the Gas Test! The screen is a different story and has to do with the exceptance of a false positive as being OK, and not worth sending to have an expensive Gas test to see why.
Others will argue this point cause they got by with it and kept thier jobs,,but those that lost thier freedom over a DRUG TEST will tell ya a whole different story. I have persobally seen guys go to jail after thier 3rd test, cause the other two the PO didnt say anything about,,to where they would fail thier 3 test,,which alot times can be the magic number for revocation,,some the very 1st time. Up to the PO.

What's the difference between a drug screen and a drug test?

Both sound similar, but the difference between a drug screen and drug test is huge. Do you remember the difference between water-resistant and waterproof? It is also huge. Figuring them out is not common sense. Water-proof means a watch can be submerged in water, and water-resistant means it can be "splashed". Get them confused and the consequence can be costly. Get the difference between drug screen and drug test confused, and the consequence can be devastating.

A good way to differentiate between the two is; speedy screen and testing takes time; a screen is cheap and fast (speedy screen), a test is slow and expensive (testing takes time). A drug screen is just that a "Screen". Drug screening is a cost-effective method to quickly review all samples. Spectrum Labs actually sells drug screens with our one and five panel home test kits. Believe it or not those are drug screens. Drug screens are highly reactive, but not highly selective. This can result in false positives for substances like ibuprofen, poppy seeds, and over the counter sinus medications. The screen cannot tell the difference between ibuprofen and the drug metabolite. For example, over 60% of screens that test positive for amphetamines later prove to be negative on a drug test. This means 6 out of 10 people screening positive for amphetamines are truly negative.

With statistics this bad, why do labs even use drug screens? The answer is simple: Money! It would be way too expensive for labs to run a drug test on each sample. This cost would then be passed onto the customer who would then decide drug testing is too expensive and drop the program.

To further complicate things there are several types of screens. The first is the on-site screen, which is manually performed. These are popular with parole departments and pre-employment situations for lower paying hourly jobs. This occurs because the company or agency simply wants to save time and money and does not really care about results. The screen is given and if the person passes every thing is okay. If the person fails, it is no job, fired, or back to jail. Not a very fair system considering if they tested positive for amphetamines, there is a 60% chance the sample would test negative on a drug test.

The second type of screen is used in conjunction with a drug test. This is the method used by most major corporations and the Department of Transportation (also known as D.O.T.). For this, all samples are run on an automated screen. If the sample passes the screen, the testing process is done and the individual is given a passing status. If the sample fails the screen, it moves on to the drug test or confirmation test. For a test to be labeled "Drug Test" a gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy (GC/MS) has to be performed on all positive screens. GC/MS is an extremely precise piece of equipment, which measures the molecular size, charge, and weight of the atoms in the drug metabolites. Due to the precision of the machine it can tell the difference between poppy seeds and opiates, ibuprofen and THC metabolites, nasal sprays and amphetamines.

Latest posts

Back