Three weeks in and the plants are TINY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
I've got 3 Sweet Purple plants from Dr. Chronic that germed about three weeks ago and are in 3 gallon pots each. I am using a generic potting soil, made sure not to get garden soil. All three plants are only about 2 inches tall with basically no new leaf growth since they sprouted. They've all looked healthy up until now, but they are starting to look a little bit yellow. My water has a pH around 6.5. Not using any nutes or anything yet... They've been under 24/7 light at about 75-80 degrees for about 3 weeks now and they still are all small. I tried getting pics but my camera ***** for taking pictures of small items.... Anyone have any ideas?

If you are only using soil then the water isn't draining and your roots are suffocating. You need to aerate your roots with a mix of 40%perlite, 15%vermiculite and the rest soil, or something close to that. You need to transplant soon a possible! Also your plants should be getting nutes now, ideally some made for this purpose. What kind of lights are you using? It sounds like you are using the wrong lights you at least want some cfl's that are in the daylight spectrum 6500K for vegging and soft white 2700K for flowering.

ok , i would use less perlite, no more than 1/3. i would not forget powdered dolomite lime and even some sort of compost like mushroom compost.

if it has gotten cold at night that could eb another reason. if you are using incandecent bulbs that could be another indicator. if the lower leaves start to yellow i would feed with an organic solution in small 1/4 strenght doses until the plant gets bigger....then bump up the feedings the next time they start to yellow.

i would go to inside sun dot com and buy an HPS to grow under. for 100 dollars you can purchase a 400watt hps with reflector ballast assembly and bulb.

something (including maybe genetics) like ventilation probibly is a problem and you need to go through and ask.... how thiss hows that? how do i test my ph, whats the ph in the containers? how much air am i giving them etc....and you need to find out what it is or you will continue to have problems. we need more info to figure out how to help you.

goodluck

i had the same prob at 2 weeks.i switched to coco and started nutes,now i cant even slow them down after topping and pinching.2 1/2 foot in 3 weeks.

this exact thing happened to me on my frist attempt.. also with expensive seeds so dont feel bad...

you might have gotten bad soil. My money is on you're growing in 100% peat or seed starter soil.. start over or xplant into new soil. Make sure you read what is IN the soil. Black Gold or Fox Farms Ocean Forest are my reccomendations.

smotpoker said:
I've got 3 Sweet Purple plants from Dr. Chronic that germed about three weeks ago and are in 3 gallon pots each. I am using a generic potting soil, made sure not to get garden soil. All three plants are only about 2 inches tall with basically no new leaf growth since they sprouted. They've all looked healthy up until now, but they are starting to look a little bit yellow. My water has a pH around 6.5. Not using any nutes or anything yet... They've been under 24/7 light at about 75-80 degrees for about 3 weeks now and they still are all small. I tried getting pics but my camera ***** for taking pictures of small items.... Anyone have any ideas?

Another thing to check for that hasnt been mentioned is root rot and mold. If they have been sitting in damp soil for long periods of time it promotes root rot and the development of mold.

Often times this is the case with plants when they look healthy but have stopped growing, its happened to me a few times. The roots, now rotting, are no longer able to supply the plant with enough nutrients to atually grow, only sustain. Then there's the mold as well, this is an unlikely outcome, but i feel its worth mentioning. Alot of times people buy unsterilized dirt. That dirt can contain contaminents that grow mold, so its always important to purchase a solid and sterile growing medium.

And lastly, i would look into pests/insects. There are several bugs out there that love our little plants just like we do. Do you notice any flying bugs within the vicinity of the plants? Dig your finger in the soil a bit, do bugs pop out? Doing those things wont tell you if you have a bug problem, just let you know whats going on. Alot fo insects lay their eggs in damp soil, so this is why it is always a good idea to let the top soil dry out, and be careful not to over water by keeping the soil moist all the time.

Just my little tid bit on what i have experienced around my grows and these gurus!

Nova

Latest posts

Back