time to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishboybug

Reaction score
ok guys, its my first successful grow and i'm curious on the harvest time. the plant is just bag seed mid and has been on the 12/12 cycle for almost 8 weeks. sunday the 19th will be 8 weeks. the white hairs coming from the buds has turned light brown on a couple of the lower branches. are these ready to harvest? can the branches be removed from the main stalk without putting the plant in to shock? the hairs on the cola are still clear/white and showing no signs of turning. i have also burnt the plant with nitrogen. used too much freeze dried chick s***!!! some of the leaves are peppered brown and some have serious burn. can these leaves still be used in making butter or should i just forget about that? i have tried looking these questions up but the forums tell me to buy a microscope. i will get 1 for the next grow, but just experimenting now. the better half won't let me grow again until i can build something outside or have a better way of removing the smell from the house. can't have company over when the house reaks!!!! thanks

The best way of telling when to harvest MJ is by the trics. A 30x microscope or a jewelry loupe will work.

60X is pretty powerful a 30X would be better.

yeah, read those threads, the bottom buds look like the pic of maturing tricromes, ready to harvest. now am curious if i can cut those branches without stressing the plant

Yeah you can, i've seen plants with just the centre left cos they'd already chopped off the rest.
This far into flower even if it hermi'd it wouldn't have time to make seeds if your chopping soon but it wont herm i do it all the time :48:

ok, got the microscope and can see all the pretty trichromes. i cut off a sample from the bottom of the plant and the trics are very fat and numerous but they are still clear. just curious how long it takes for them to get cloudy. july 20th will be 8 weeks of flowering.

depends on strain, some will take up to 11weeks before they even get cloudy, is your plant more indica or sativa?

JBonez said:
depends on strain, some will take up to 11weeks before they even get cloudy, is your plant more indica or sativa?
i don't know. it was just some random bag i got from a friend. the plant that is growing from one of the seeds is tall, skinny, and has small leaves. nowhere near some of the fan leaves i've seen on here. the high is kind of mild. it doesn't put you in a coma or make you laugh ur *** off. i can smoke a bowl and go driving around town with no issues. when the buzz wears off it is totally gone with no "hangover" effects

Latest posts

Back