Too early to sex?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycloneare1

Reaction score
Ok so im not entirely sure when to start looking at whether or not my plants are female and they are now 3 weeks and 2 days old...is this around the time they should be showing signs or is it too early to tell? i have a grow box with 2 plants growing (in soil), 2 42W cfls, 18-6 light ratio, no nutrients yet and there are definately no sacks developing under the stems...pics are in my grow journal (in my signature). Thank you for your help!

Hi cyclone :)

At 3 weeks it is now time to start feeding them, your plants will not show sex using 18/6 lighting, they will at 12/12 though ;)

If im groing based on SOG theory how long should i allow the plants to veg? Can i flower at 5 weeks old?

how short are we talking, i mean approximately how many ounces should i expect to harvest (assuming i doint mess up)? any old guess will do i dont need anything precise...

HippyInEngland said:
Hi cyclone :)

your plants will not show sex using 18/6 lighting, ;)
.. absolutely not true... mj will pre-flower, allowing you to determine sex under 24/0, once they have become sexually mature. Sexual maturity can take any where from 3 to 8 weeks from seed, strain dependent.

cycloneare1 said:
how short are we talking, i mean approximately how many ounces should i expect to harvest (assuming i doint mess up)? any old guess will do i dont need anything precise...

With 2 plants (and one or both could be male) and 2 42W CFLs, I am afraid that you will not get ozs, but you will be counting your yield in grams. If you flower at 5 weeks you could be counting your yield in single digit grams.

Latest posts

Back