Transplant from dirt to hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsrover1

---The Red Weed---
Reaction score
Is is poss to trans plant from dirt to hydro if i keep the ph lvls consitant for a few days then lower it to 5.5 not doing it till i get some feed back ty ty and party on Dudes & Dudets:joint:

BHC # OU812

I did it with one as an experiment into a bubbler but it was young maybe a week and a half old. I did it with the smallest plant i had because i was weeding some out. In another week and a half it was twice the size of all other plants. I just ran the root ball under some cool water in the tub to clean it off. Some of the dirt did end up in the system and took a few flushes to get it out. if the plants older with a large root system its gonna be worse.And if your talking about a spray or drip system it very likely could clog up I had a thread when i did it i dont say much but there are some comparison pictures in the first and second posts

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=418256#post418256

the deed is done, tested ph it was at 7 ill keep it at 7 for a day or so then bring it down to hydro levels. nutes are at 450ppm ill feed her in a day or so as well dont want to shock her to much all at once . it went smooth no dam i could see...xxxxcrossing my fingers lol

mars no problem 420benny advice is spot on.

then into whatever medium ya prefer and your away.

uk420maan

Do not ease your pH down. Get it where it belongs now. A pH of 7 is too high even for soil and far too high for hydro, which is what you are running now.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Do not ease your pH down. Get it where it belongs now. A pH of 7 is too high even for soil and far too high for hydro, which is what you are running now.
You're right as usual, THG, 7 is the high end of plant life for MJ. It'll grow in it, but poorly, and it would cause a host of other problems to show their ugly selves. I've found two results from radical ph adjustments. With established seedlings, little harm can come from ph changes of 2 or 3 points. However, with tiny new seedlings, I've seen it cause shock that resulted severe wilting and near plant death and increased hermie ratios. With the little tiny ones, I always walk the ph down a point at a time by two day intervals. The babies never notice it that way.

I swear it has grown 2 in since this morning. ph is down to 5.5. shes already in flower Potus , i think the high ph was stunting her growth. shes looking good the move doesnt seem to have hurt her (so far) xxxxxx...

Latest posts

Back