Transplanting Q...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrypnoticKronic

Reaction score
Mk so my sprouts are taking off very nicely on 18/6........

Now my question which I have been thinking about very much lately is when should I transplant? seeing I have my seedlings in red plastic cups for sprouting, I just want to know when should be the right time to transplant these bad boys into some bigger pots...

I transplant after a few sets of leaves, and bury the stem up to the first set, the stem will turn into root, and give you an advantage. Do you have a fan blowing on the stems....not gail force winds, but just enough for the stems to sway in the breeze? This is good for them, helps strengthen the plant.

Well I mean they are only 2inch or so, yes I do have a fan in there that can give some small winds but I was waiting until they got a bit taller... They are like my lil babies =)!

Around 4-5 inches I make the transfer from plastic cups to 1-gallon bags.

And also got another quick question, in early sprouting for a almost 4inch plant its petals are droopin a bit is this bad?

Sorry IF i type like crap pretty high off some homegrown sour D from friends crop =)

If they are all green I'd say it's okay-no nutes yet!
Mine have done that before.
Good Luck!!

If the leaves are drooping a bit, it could be because you water them a bit too often. Under-watering can do the same thing. Seedlings are funny like that.

I normally start off in 16 ounce cups and after about 2-3 weeks I transplant. However, it has more to do with size than time.

CrypnoticKronic said:
So at which point in inches wise should I transplant? My sprouts are about 3inch

5"+-. No hurry just yet, let them grow a little bit.

DD

I believe that is time release ferts? If it is you don't want to mess with it. I wouldn't mess with Miracle Grow anything, but I know some have no choice. If you can get a good nutrient developed more for mj. Read "Nute Study" by Jmans weed. It is a post stickied at the top of this section. He compares like 6 different nute lines.

CrypnoticKronic said:
Word... Also have you heard anything about Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Plant food?

I've used them with decent results @ 1/4 to 1/2 strength. They were all that was available at the moment, couldn't even find Jack's Classic, which I have worked with for close to 40 years. Jack's uses better base chemicals IMO, if you go that route.

DO NOT get the MG time release stuff!:eek: :eek: You will be fighting it your whole grow.:holysheep:

The water soluble is a totally different animal and can be worked with, the time release stuff, you have no control.

DD

Will it say time release on it? and also watering with a spray bottle with purified water yes?

Also, I searched the MG All purpose plant food box and it says nothing on time release.... Just that I should use it every 7 to 14 days for best results.... 15-30-15 is that key for nutes?

The time release will be clearly stated, saying something about feeding for 3 months or something. I have used MG, and Peters and other fertalizers over 15 yrs ago, there are just much better nutes out there designed for MJ. But if you have no choice then MG is better than nothing

For sure, well Ill see how it does.. Going to start nutes on the 23rd so ima lil stoked =).

Oh as well, moved rooms and planted 4 more babies =).. I will start a journal once they get a bit bigger but as an update they are all around 3 1/2inch-4inch the ones that are sprouted =) toooooo excited!

CrypnoticKronic said:
and also watering with a spray bottle with purified water yes?

That is called foliar feeding. Just a light mist. Usually it's done later in growth.
I always do mine right before lights off.
Keep it green!!

:)
Gb

Latest posts

Back