Tric's?

• Thread starter degenerative_disc
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

I dont have a magnify glass and my girls are on day 35 of flower. I looked real close at the budds and leaves around them and could see little specks of what looked like powder or even real tiny eggs all over. I hope this is tric's, can they be seen with the naked eye or is this something bad like bug eggs or even worst MOLD?

I like to beleive its Tric's as my girls are looking to good and are filling out the budds like crazy, would hate to lose them now.

Cheers!!!

Hello DD :)

If you are 100% sure they are girls, then it means you are looking at Trichomes :) :aok:

There is no getting away from it, you need a magnifying aid to let you know when to harvest.

:peace:

Thanks Hippy

I figured they were but wanted to make sure. They look prity even to the naked eye almost like little crystals thousands of them. What magnification do you recomend? What power and were to get it?

Cheers!!!

I use my camera DD, it has a powerful macro on it.

Some people use a jewellers loupe, some use a radio shack scope, some use an eyclopse.

The mag needs to be at least 30, even at 30 (the jewellers loupe) it is difficult to see accurately.

do you think my camera would work? It is digital has macro as well think it is 8 meg pix and has 6 x optical zoom

How would I set it up? just flick it to Macro?

Cheers!!

Yes :)

Do you know your camera's focal range?

I have 2 camera's I use, 1 of them has a focal range of 1cm the other has a focal range of 8cm.

8mp is perfect, do not take a pic with your grow lights on, so may people post pics with yellow lights on and all you can see is yellow.

White light and no flash, it will show you what you have ;)

It will take a few tries, but you will get there in the end.

If you open the pics in Ms paint, you can double the size and see much clearer.

HippyInEngland said:
Yes :)

Do you know your camera's focal range?

I have 2 camera's I use, 1 of them has a focal range of 1cm the other has a focal range of 8cm.

8mp is perfect, do not take a pic with your grow lights on, so may people post pics with yellow lights on and all you can see is yellow.

White light and no flash, it will show you what you have ;)

It will take a few tries, but you will get there in the end.

If you open the pics in Ms paint, you can double the size and see much clearer.

HOLY CRAP THANK YOU! I have been using an eyeclops and a handheld 30x.... Tried a camera- old Fuji F10 with the HPS off and holy moly, just zoom on your computer afterwards and you see eveything! This will be my new way of checking Trichomes! TY

Latest posts

Back