trimming fan leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoll

Reaction score
can any one help me with trimming my plants?their about 3 weeks old 4 nodes high and have a thick canopy of fan leaves.should i trim them as secondary growth below is recievin no light.thanks for any advice.

kcoll said:
can any one help me with trimming my plants?their about 3 weeks old 4 nodes high and have a thick canopy of fan leaves.should i trim them as secondary growth below is recievin no light.thanks for any advice.

I think cutting a plant will cause unneeded stress. If the leaves are causing a problem and dont need to be there then do what u feel is necessary.

trimming fan leaves at every other node will "force" lower branching without the A-tyical stress induced. This is one method i use for veg stage only.

i learend that you shouldnt cut fan leaves, the buds take energy from them in late flowering thats why the big fan leaves start turning yellow later on. the buschyer the better :hubba:

if you want to make them unhappy and miserable ,,cut away :p

happy plants = fan leaves ,,,they will turn yellow and drop of by themselves when the plant has finnished with them :peace:

It's called "Photosynthesis"... ---> hXXp://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookPS.html
cutting them off is never beneficial..

trimming fan leaves at every other node will "force" lower branching without the A-tyical stress induced. This is one method i use for veg stage only.
an 'old school' myth, "IMHO"..
I was mentored on the same method back in the 80's. I never found it to be true. Increasing secondary growth is better achieved with "Super cropping" or topping. The only way to promote more secondary growth(branching) is by diverting the 'growth' hormones from the apical stem, to your lower branches. Restricting the flow to the "top" of the plant, by whatever means, will do just that.

The only time you should cut fans is when they are curling & dying. I've done it both ways & cutting should only be done when your plants are at the end of there life. They dont need them at that point. I would say dont cut until needed, they will tell you. Would you want something cut off of you?

thank you all for the information. ill leave the leaves on.i feel bad enougth for the lil girls being growen with artificial;light,wind and rain that they can do with out being cut aswell.

kcoll said:
thank you all for the information. ill leave the leaves on.i feel bad enougth for the lil girls being growen with artificial;light,wind and rain that they can do with out being cut aswell.

LOL--Don't feel bad about that. When growing inside, we can optimize conditions and actually give our girls far better living conditions than they may have outside.

Latest posts

Back