Trimming leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowslow23

HIGH LIFE
Reaction score
what are the effects of trimming off the developed family leaves? i have a outdoor plant thats about 4 ft tall and about 2-3 months old, i have large family leaves covering the bud stems and i was wondering what would happen if i trimmed the family leaves off so the bud stems can get more sunlight

I agree with astro let nature take its course, if leaves fall off they fall off but other than that I wouldn't stress her out!

Phatpharmer

I would add that in watching a documentary on "Oaksterdamn" Its showing trimming leaves ( after the 4 node ) on every other set ( one set at a time) to force more growth which does not affect the plants ability to continue to gain height. I've done this to my outdoor moms and still growing in hieght and waay more limbs for future flowers.

I am too a newbie and have three plants outdoors that all were planted within a week of eachother. One plant that went through the most stressfull conditions skyrocketed in growth and on all of mine I did the same as meds4me and so far all are still girls and it seemed to incourage more direct growth to the preflower and node site growth(if that is what it's called) the area where the buds will grow from. Just make sure not to do it all at once , skip every other one like meds4me said and I did mine like cut off 2 sets this week then two sets next week for example. Just so you know I have no knowledge on how to grow mj I just treated the trimming like if I was thinning and pruning a rose bush for better blooms.

when they get about 8 inchs ill cut a couple of nodes off off the bottom for air flow underneath but do it early. less stress during flowering is best :) we dont want herrmies

Latest posts

Back