Trying to know how often i can smoke marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy, im the same way. i like to know i've got more before i run out. lol

Now for Zem, I smoked everyday several times a day for many, many years. 2years ago i stopped cold turkey and didn't smoke for nearly a year. the first wek or two was the hardest for me. after that i didn't think about it as much and i could be around folks while they smoked and was fine. at first i had crazy dreams and really couldn't get smoking off my mind. you've gotta decide what you wanna do and stick with it. if you don't wanna smoke then have a little will power and don't do it. when evrything is out of your system for a little while you'll be fine.

if your having any kind of physical symptoms when you stop smoking then i would say your physicaly addicted. if its all in your head the its a psychological addiction. if you get sick when you smoke either stop smoking or smoke less. don't let it control you, thats what makes an addict. JMO

slowmo yeah i was there before quit cold turkey like 9 months ago but only for 20 days or so but after that i didnt go back to daily, so now i can stop with no craving at all anytime i want and that was my concern, i don't want to have any trouble with quitting or feeling hooked again, i don't want it to be all or nothing, i've heard of many who quit and then went back to daily smoking all day and that means they couldn't control it. if that was my case, then i would have to quit forever, rather my goal is to control it, smoke it occasionally so that i don't feel any negative effects on me. it is no option for me to smoke daily. it is a bit harder to smoke once every 10 days average than it is to smoke daily, obviously because we like the effect, but with time, it will become a habit, and i'm almost there now. still sometimes, i find myself smoking more often so that when i quit, i feel some mild side effects not to compare to my first quit, and this is what i want to avoid from now on, trying to keep the rate low and constant :)

its a simple as not doing it. if you really are in control then you should have no problems not smoking everyday. you make the choice to smoke everytime. so it's up to you not to smoke when you know you shouldn't. pretty simple to me.

I can and do quit on trips, especially cruises, never even have a crave. On the way home though, and knowing there's smoke at the end of the line...I am jonesing like crazy the whole way. It doesn't control me, I know I can quit and proven it time and again...but no chance in me quitting for good, ever.

As long as you don't let it control you, you're golden!

Moderation is key to all things in life.

Zem,i found your thread very interesting and tho one that i can get connected with.
Before i started to smoke daily i was hyperactive teenager not unersdanded from the rest of the world.I get in a fight with other people for about twice in a week.MJ helped me a lot to come down and really beacome better person.I smoked MJ for 19 years.16years i smoked daily and for some 13 years i smoked realy a lot.Mostly strong indoor strains.I had pauses when i went to holidays about 2weeks in a year because i do not cross borders with MJ.I think this is important do it for all, at least 2 weeks in a year without smoking.Last year before quiting i did not do that because even on that(commn place that i go every year for 2 weaks and there were realy no smoke until year ago) place i had smoke last year of my smoking habbit.
Last two year of smoking a strange toughts beacome to get on my mind.Last 4 months of my habbit i get a bit depressed and loosing the wiilling to live and work and fight for a life and evrything(good and bad)what life brings within.I thought, that is, because of really foggy and cloudy winter that we had but when the son show up nothing changed.I MUST MENTION that i was constantly on stres situation for last 3 maybe for years of smoking time.I think this is imoprtant fact fro thing that happened latlley with me.Last two years a colud not find time to smoke.So instead to sit down and smoke and chat with my friends for 3 hours i smoked a gram or two in 45minutes and than run on for life obligations(worrk,family etc..)usualy in a trafic jam or whatever...
So one day i sleeped realy a few hours(maybe just four) and next day a had a interwew for a new job witch took me altogether 4 hours(i had to wait two hours for second seeing with some peple).I did not have time to eat and a friend of me pushed me to drink a small shoot of whiskey.Than i had 45 minutes to smoked one, pick up my kid and break trough a traffic jam on the other side of city to take my kid to a tranning.It was a really stressy situation for me and i smoked one and get on run again.After i smoked and get to school to pick up amy kid,BANG, it hited me hard, anxiety.It lasted for an hour or two.Late that day at night i smoked carfully but nothing happened.Next day i did not smoke for hole day and in the evening i smoked couple of puffs but joints would come on and on and it hited me again.It was so hard that i could not see any meaning of living sowever.After an hour feeling was gone.OK i said,to myself this was your last joint,anyway i was thinking to quit almost two yeras before all the time but i was not strong enough to do it ,souronded with hard time smokers and a friend that always want to smoke and has never enough.But the problem was that this anxiety would come on for an hour or two in the morning and in the evening in the days that followed and without smoking.I quited other bad habbits too(to much surfing on the net,too much following politics and what happens around the world, to much friends that calls you and wants to have smoke with you)and start to jogging(i mean playing sports) a lot.
Soon, afer a week or two, my problems get milder and after disapered.Now i started to enyoy life in a difrerent way. I do not eat so much like before i lost some pound etc...Soon after i get hyperactive again starting to argue with people about stupid things and want to represent them that i have a point .Luckily i solve this very fast, trough religion.Luckily i started to read a book written by a monck(i hope it is a correct word and i spelled corrrect for a person of religion).I bought this book two or three years before not toched it.Book waited for the proper moment.I was religius even before but i did not pray so often as i do now and i did not go deep in the religiiuds things.I do not do it now either but just more than before.Book gave me conifrmation about of some my points and show my how i was wrong abut others that i had(getting my point to others if i know that i am in wright,fighting against unjustice etc)but most of all it told me that all people should live in peace and be peacfull and tried to be com down as they colud.So now i do not get nervous(almost) at all. Before i get nervous very fast if i would not smoke specialy if some unjustice hapened to me....
Now to your issue.I am wondering the same question as you do Zem.I know i would like to smoke again one day and i wondering, what is the right amount and interval of smoking.I do not smoke now for allmost one month and i do not have intention to smoke at least few more months before start again.And it would have to be special ocasion with special people....I think a period of 20 days(if i understand coretly that was your period without MJ) is way too less to get clear or to consider peacfully how to go on with MJ.I think you should do your abstinens for at least 6 months and than see how to go on further.That is my intention to do it.I wolud like to mention that spooky dreams that i had first two weeks of my abstinens and that everyone is writting about that dreams.Realy weard.Now the thing comming down about dreams with me, it happens sometimes(this morning)but not anymore everyday.
Abuot what is wright amount to to smoke again, Zem i do not know beacuse i do not have that kind expirience but i am sure that you have to stay clean for 6 month at least.Try even 3 months and you will see.
I wolud be glad if we share our expirience more on this thread. If you or other people have some more questions for me go on...
Sorry for my english grammatics i write spontanusly without using adictionary or anything else.Also, i did not wright a lot in english in my life.I hope that this is not problem for others.. all good and peace to all of you i must stop writing now. hope we share more expirience on this thread......
greetings

salecaptain, it is a nice story that you shared. i think that you have a point, think of it, if i had abstained 10 months ago for 6 months, i might not still be thinking of it, but i didn't think i had to quit something i love for so long. instead i kept a low dosage of smoking and this is helping, but probably slower than if i had abstained for longer. i think i had many benefits because of lowering so much my intake, i have developed the habit of working out and improving my work. i don't feel any kind of fog and i feel more right than ever, and most of all i am happy :) only still not at complete ease with how much i smoke. it can be called an addiction lol i mean i only smoke because it's beautiful but i know i can skip it, but because it is forgiving and sweet, it's always harder to do it less often :D i cannot put myself in your place, i'm much younger, no marriage or kids yet, smoked for 10 years heavy 1 year light, and that anxiety got to me much sooner than yours

Latest posts

Back