two weeks from harvest, found seeds on some buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubblehue

Reaction score
Oh no!
I can see at least 6 seeds without looking too hard for them. See that one sticking out on that bud? there are a few more like that on this branch only.... What should I do?

IMG_0052.JPG

I would look for male flowers to find out if its hermied or if a male was that was removed to late

Well its up to you to figure out what polinized or stressed the plant . Too late now, I guess you'll just have to be happy with your bud and some free seeds.

Something made it herm. If you had a male in there you would have a crapper house full of seeds. LOL. I had the same problem when I first started growing indoors. Turns out I had some light leaks, go figure I sealed it with some construction firestop and no more herms for me, its male or female. Find yur prop and fix it.

Good luck
MCM

I've been a little sloppy about opening the closet very briefly(under 30 seconds)during dark to grab stuff out of there. I also started a plant next to it a few weeks ago that sprouted some ball sacs one morning. I pulled it immediately. Could that have done it?

I wouldn't recommend opening the door during dark cycle. That alone can cause herms. Your plant with balls will pollinate, a lot more than seed here and there. Wait and see if you develop more seeds.

Good luck
MCM

dubblehue said:
I've been a little sloppy about opening the closet very briefly(under 30 seconds)during dark to grab stuff out of there. I also started a plant next to it a few weeks ago that sprouted some ball sacs one morning. I pulled it immediately. Could that have done it?

Interruption of the dark cycle(or light leaks) is the most common form of promoting hermies.
The seeds are worse than worthless. PLEASE destroy them.
"1 particle of viable pollen + 1 receptive pistil = 1 seed"

i endend up with a few seeds on my first grow.six plants all female from fem seeds.i had no males in there but i had a couple of problewms with my light timing around day 21 in flower.five of my bbies produced quite a few seeds and lowered the quality of my green.it was still a good smoke but next time im gonna be real carewful with light issues.this will be the cause of your problem im sure.when you;ve made these mistakes as long as you learn from them it will make you a better grower.LIVE LEARN AND DIE,HAPPENS TO US ALL BRO

Latest posts

Back