unorganized setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alshuray1

dr.greenthumb
Reaction score
hey guys happy new year once again

k heres my dilemma
i plan to get real serious on my grow. i want to grow at least 2 pounds every 2 to 3 months but im so un organized. this is what's going on right now i have a grow box thats 48cm width by a foot and a half deep and 6 feet high.
i have a 400 watt hps running in the box at 77 to 85 degrees max. im also using conversion bulbs for optimal lighting difference. im using soil right now but have one mother in hydro, still no ph or ppm tester (first no no). as for the soil my grow box currently is housing 8 ladies. the strains are big bud and white rhino ive had the rhino since my first grow in may 09. for nutes im using general hydroponics flora nova veg and flower and also sweet leaf.
i water when needed an feed them every three days. this crop will be done in feb around the first week.
now that gives me exactly 4 weeks to have clones rooted and ready to go
another month to get hight and least another 2 until harvest again. i also ordered some bc kush from bc seed depot but i dont think ill have time before the start of next crop to use them.
unless i get more space i cant really do anything with it until crop after next.
i have a closet that i have my rhino mother in. and a shelf at least a 2 feet wide and 20 cm deep 3 feet high just for rooting clones. ill post pics .but ill need suggestions how to make this work for me.

You need more space and more light. 400 watts won't pull you 2-3lb's. If you want 48oz every 2 months. Break it down by grams per watt. Shoot for .5g per watt to start.

this is where i keep my mother and that little shelf is where i keep my clones. this room needs organization

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

nouvellechef said:
You need more space and more light. 400 watts won't pull you 2-3lb's. If you want 48oz every 2 months. Break it down by grams per watt. Shoot for .5g per watt to start.

please if you have the time can you explain grams per watt
is it .05 gram per watt so four hundred watts would bring 20 grams
i don't think thats right maybe 200 grams.
i not trying to knock you i mean no disrespect im just trying to under stand

no worries i did a little quick reading
i understand

you'll be lucky to pull 1 lb from that space...if you want that quantity, your going to need more space and more lights.

1 gram / watt...so 400w light pulls 400gr....600w=600gr....but, you better have a really green thumb with killer genetics to pull 1 gr per watt...I got about .75 per watt on my 3rd grow, using good genetics, in soil.

thanx guys ill post pics of my current crop
my next crop will be dwc

im thinking i need a ten by four room
with a 1000 watt light co2 and some good genetics
im not even mentioning heat control
first off not possible in an apartment

heres pics of my grow box the 400 watt
ill post better ones
where you can see my ladies
i cant show all my plants in the box because their is something blocking the other door.
sorry

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

I would wait till you get into a safer location. Oh yeah. Can tell you right now, you gonna be looking at about 1/4g to 1/2 gram per watt. And a 1k light won't be enough for 40sq ft. You got some homework to do. GL. And keep us posted.

nouvellechef said:
I would wait till you get into a safer location. Oh yeah. Can tell you right now, you gonna be looking at about 1/4g to 1/2 gram per watt. And a 1k light won't be enough for 40sq ft. You got some homework to do. GL. And keep us posted.

:yeahthat: (I wanted to give you rep, but I have to pass it around first :D)

nouvellechef said:

i need a new and safer and biggerlocation your so right
id have to buy a house in order for this to work.
thats the only feasible solution chime in if i'm wrong
and lot more equipment. i know ill need at least 4 1000 watt lights .thats ten times more than what i have now.
if i owned a house this could be feasible but i don't so i guess im in the dog house. if theirs any suggestions please chime in.

alshuray1 said:
i need a new and safer and biggerlocation your so right
id have to buy a house in order for this to work.
thats the only feasible solution chime in if i'm wrong
and lot more equipment. i know ill need at least 4 1000 watt lights .thats ten times more than what i have now.
if i owned a house this could be feasible but i don't so i guess im in the dog house. if theirs any suggestions please chime in.

Suggestions? Make everything smaller. Why do you think you need 2 elbows every 2-3 months?

Gonna have to roll with what ya got. Master the 400, try to get to 1g club with it. I just finished a harvest and they had serious luv, and I won't make my goal of .75 a watt. It's very difficult. PS, the cost alone of a setup to knockout 32oz every 8 weeks is some cash bro.

There is no reason to grow 2-3 elbows, every 2-3 months...except greed...greed will get you busted. Like Nouvelle said master the small grow and gradually add space and lights. If you are really wanting to be a comercial grower, then rent a warehouse somewhere and go to town...but be careful. You don't need to supply your whole state, just your circle of people, and the smaller the circle the less the chance of getting popped...just my 2 cents bud, I hope you don't take this post offensively, just trying to be realistic with you. I used to grow 200 to 300 plants per yr outdoors yrs ago...it is not a fun occupation, very stressful. This is why I have a small little box in my basement these days. Good Luck to you.

legalize_freedom said:
There is no reason to grow 2-3 elbows, every 2-3 months...except greed...greed will get you busted. Like Nouvelle said master the small grow and gradually add space and lights. If you are really wanting to be a comercial grower, then rent a warehouse somewhere and go to town...but be careful. You don't need to supply your whole state, just your circle of people, and the smaller the circle the less the chance of getting popped...just my 2 cents bud, I hope you don't take this post offensively, just trying to be realistic with you. I used to grow 200 to 300 plants per yr outdoors yrs ago...it is not a fun occupation, very stressful. This is why I have a small little box in my basement these days. Good Luck to you.

your so right. it is greed and greed will get me caught.
i should be thankful with what i have
thanx guys

Latest posts

Back