update and help,,please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobshibby

Reaction score
ok to start off with,the plants from my first grow are doin fine,one is already hanging up an drying the other two are producing plenty bud.i had a great shock last week when i went to the local 'herb' shop to get a new bong and saw they had a poster with the price list of any type of seeds you want.when i asked if you got to order they said no they have everything in stock.bearing in mind this is ireland and totally illegal i dont know how their able to get away with it,but without any complaints i bought myself a pack of 'ARJAN'S HAZE #2'with a THC value of 22.5%:D,so i'm expecting a fair kick from it when grown.i have germed the seeds(2 days) set them and after only 2 more days they are already 2 inches above the soil.so i did a bit of research and got an even bigger shock when i checked out the video for arjans haze #2 on you tube.this plant is a monster grower(about 8 foot after 6 weeks) ok i know its grown in the best conditions possible but its still scary.anyway if any of you are going growing this plant or any other marijuana you should get on you tube and check out GREEN HOUSE SEEDS,or just type the strain of plant you're growing, they pretty much show you most marijuana plants from start to finish,it's really good.anywho back to my second grow with haze #2,i have all the ingredients i need this time round,i'm going to use a mix of GREAT COMPOST,MANURE,PERLITE AND VERMICULITE.i am going to try my best not to add any fertz or nutes just spring water(only some nutes if really needed).now my main question to this thread is,that i have read about adding apple cider vinager to water to bring its PH down.the bottled water i buy has a label stating it has PH of 7 which is too high,so by adding the vinager to it would it be possible to get the PH down to about 5.5 ?.also if the apple cider vinager is organic would it be ok to use it the whole time without any adverse affects ?.please please please help it would be well appreciated,cheers.

Yes vinegar can be used to lower your PH.

IMO: if you are using bottled water that has 7PH.
I would test it.

I tested Bottled water here, Aquafina and Dasani.
They both had very low PH 6 or less.

Get PH tester to be sure.. and only add 1/4 teaspoon per gallon
until you reach your desired PH level.

And yes its ok to use adjust ph with vinergar during your grow.

I found and copied this for you,
I feel that it is wise to study well and cut the costs of mistakes, so here it is:

pH is simply the measure of the acid content of a solution. The pH scale runs from 1 to 14, 1 being very acidic, 7 is neutral, and 14 is very basic. pH affects the ability of a plant's roots to absorb nutrients. The range in which nutrient absorption is best is from 5.8 to 6.5.
Measuring pH: You can measure pH either chemically or electronically. Chemical test kits cost about $8 to $18, they are accurate but you have to replace them periodically because the chemicals are consumed. Electronic methods typically are packaged as a pen that you simply dip into the solution and the pH is read out on a digital LCD display. pH pens cost about $65 to $100, they are fairly accurate and must be calibrated periodically. The benefit is ease of use and they don't wear out - a wise investment.

Adjusting pH: To lower pH add acid. The best acids to use are phosphoric, nitric, and sulfuric acid, these acids disassociate and free up phosphorous, nitrogen an sulfur respectively. Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Sulfur are all elements that plants need for growth. I have heard of people using Distilled Vinegar for pH adjustment, this seems a bit sketchy to me but I suppose it would word in a pinch.
To raise pH add a base. The bases used in hydroponics are Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide. These disassociate and provide Potassium and Sodium, respectively. Another pH up "elixir" that I have heard of is baking soda - personally I think this is a bad idea.

TIP! When adding acid or base to adjust your nutrient solution, add small amounts at a time and wait about 1/2 hour to take a measurement. The closer your pH is to 7, the less acid or base it takes to effect change. This change takes place exponentially, for example: it can take two milliliters of acid move the pH of 25 gallons of nutrient from 7 to 6. From 6 to 5 it can take 8 milliliters, from 5 to 4 it can take 500 milliliters. BE CAREFUL and make changes slowly.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back