Use Real or Fake Phone Number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPEARCHUCKER

Leavin'ya Bowlegged
Reaction score
Tryin to make an order with Dope-Seeds. This is the first place Ive seen that requires a phone number. Usually its optional.
Do I use the real or just make up one like a 555 number?
If I have to use real, would there be any chance that they use it?
Seems more logical if they would just email if any issues occurred.
Probably just a standard thing. But I need to make sure, cause I could just as easy order something else from someone else.

Thanks.

Never heard of "HAVING" to use your number either. I think this would be more of a personal issue as to the trust you have with the seed bank. Me personally I would use a fake number and if the order did'nt go through or could'nt be placed then go else where, never know who could end up with your phone number or why the ended up with it. When it comes to giving out personal info to any one for any reason I tend to through up the red flag alert, too many scams going on now days...take care..

Thanks Sir Tokie. Sittin here with the order form up wondering what to do.
Its a place pretty trusted by some on here that use them.

heres a snap.
Capture8-3-2009-3.25.27 AM.jpg

Hi,

Maybe a better option is to place the order over the phone... And if they ask for your phone # tell them that you need to limit contact to email only and I'd be amazed if they didn't understand... They just want to sell you some seeds!-)

Or... try putting "email contact only" in the phone # box and see if it takes it... I personally don't like to order from a company I can't call for customer support whether it's seeds or anything I buy over the 'net... Maybe you can do a test email and see if they get back to you in a timely manner. You could email them to ask if they require a phone # or if you can limit contact to email... If they take a long time to get back to you it might be time to find another seed supplier...

I just looked and they don't have a phone order option posted... It's a bit ironic that a company that doesn't provide a phone number for calling in orders or customer service requires your phone number when you fill out an order form. They look like they have a great selection but I'd check the forums to see how their customer service and satisfaction rep for sure if you haven't already... Do they have a 'track your order' option like Attitude seedbank? god I hate waiting on my seed orders but it does help with a bit of peace of mind when you know if they keep you up to date on the order's progress...

Good Luck!:cool:

Spearchucker you could always order from another company but if you really want to order from them, go drop a few bucks on a throw away phone at the convenience store. Then you have an anonymous phone number. Good Luck.

Chucker don't do it dude ! Stick to the old throw downs (Beers ) you won't get grey hair as fast ! Peace and take care !

I just emailed them about it. See what they say, and telling them Id prefer to be email notified if they needed anything.

And to late PP. 75% gray already. Though in some regions I dont know. Cause I bikini wax.

:huh: That flipped my reality upside down for a minute...lol...:joint:

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I just emailed them about it. See what they say, and telling them Id prefer to be email notified if they needed anything.

And to late PP. 75% gray already. Though in some regions I dont know. Cause I bikini wax.
:holysheep: The bikini wax works great on my back as well ! Hahahaha ! I am testing it out on my palms as we speak i'll let you know how it goe's ...One little problem so far is that it cause's my keyboard to stickkkkkkkkkkk PPPPeeeaaaccceee aannddd tttaaaakkkke cccaarrreee !!!!

They emailed back. Said to just put a zero in the box meaning not to contact you in that way.

So things are good to go with Dope-Seed.

Latest posts

Back