Vaporizers- use 'em? Tried 'em? Why? Why not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight_toker

Reaction score
This is a repost from a different post where someone was looking for alternative ways to enjoy marijuana without smoking it, but I had been meaning to post something about vaporizers on here because I rarely see reference to them. Soooo, without further adieu...

I use a vaporizer. Do you? Have you ever tried one? Why? Why not?

In my opinion, vaporizers ROCK.

It heats up the pot so it releases the vapors which contain all the good stuff, but NO SMOKE (if you keep your vaporizer set to a lower temperature (mine seems best under 300 degrees- some people set them higher and the pot actually does burn a little).

I'll tell you a story about a party I went to this weekend. I had stumbled into some Blueberry I had ground up to use in my vaporizer probably a year ago and forgot about (Yes, I actually forgot I had some Blueberry, OMG. I have ADHD, what can I say?). I packed up the vaporizer and took the Blueberry with me.

I had a circle of people taking hits off that thing (1 bowl's worth for 6 people). What were they telling me? "Nothing's coming out." "There isn't anything in there." "Are you sure it's turned on?" "I can't feel it when I take a hit." "Nothing's happening."

Then, about 5-7 minutes later...

"I am totally blasted." "This thing rocks." "OMG, I have never been THIS high." "Hey, let's go break out your vaporizer again." "I HAVE to get my friend stoned off your vaporizer. Can I put some of my bud in there?"

You can't feel breathing in the vapor when it's vaporized correctly. You can't really even SEE it- maybe a slight mist because that is all it is, a slight mist with practically nothing harmful in it. They've conducted scientific studies- the mist contains more thc, and more of the other elements that get you high than smoking it- google it. My tube doesn't even get very tarry at ALL, only very slightly amber where it goes into the chamber where the pot is and I've had the same tube in for 2 years). It isn't hot either, not even hot air, just cool vapor filled with all the awesome things we love about marijuana.

I have no idea why most people don't use them...well, okay, I do have some idea:

1) portability- they do make a small hand held pipe style, but it takes longer to get high and they make battery operated ones, but most plug into a wall. I can take mine in my car (as a passenger, not as a driver) and use a cigarette lighter adapter I bought.

2) Expense- this one is not a good reason though because you use LESS POT and get MORE HIGH. Seriously. So, you spend between 200-600 bucks. I have had 200.00 vaporizers and I currently have a 400.00 vaporizer that is digital, but I LOVED my 200.00 one and never should have given it away (that one was Vapo Brother's brand, and now I own a VooDoo, but it still knocks my socks off).

3) Nostalgia and Ritual- we all have our rituals when we use marijuana. We cut it just so, use a certain tray, a certain roach clip, a special bong, we pass it. It is a very social or solitary, ritualistic thing and this ritual hasn't included a vaporizer in the past, but believe me, once you get the hang of it, it will become part of your nostalgia and your ritual.

Another plus I forgot to mention is that the smell and taste are different. You TASTE the clean, yummy marijuana, not smoke. and you smell it- a clean, fresh, deep aroma, but it doesn't have the smell that people who do not use associate with using, so it's easy to be on the downlow- no one recognizes you smell like marijuana...they might wonder what you smell like, but it won't be pot.

Peace.

I have one, and it sits sits in the desk here somewhere. I need to get it out and try it again. Thanks for reminding me. I have the $100 whip type, and well, you are right bout the ritual thing and the rest, I think. I also was getting smoke, maybe that is what put me off....will try it again this afternoon, will try it out at 300f maybe that will help. Thanks for reminding me bout it.

You shouldn't FEEL anything besides air when you breath it in, optimally. Some people prefer it a bit on the smokey side, but if you start feeling it going in, dial it down a tiny bit and keep doing that til you have it pegged. And it takes a little longer to get high too- take deep, slow hits and hold as long as you can. If you'd take 2 hits off a joint, take 4 off a vaporizer, 5 hits off a joint, 10 off a vape. I find that is about what it takes in my experience.

Yup... Despite being around for several years the ol' Volcano is still like new and sitting in my stash cabinet next to my seldom used bongs and pipes. I'm a hard core joint man.

I just don't get anywhere near the same tactile experience that I do when vaping as when I smoke. I've been a recovering tobacco addict for 20 years and although I don't smoke tobacco anymore I relish smoking my big fat marijuana joints. I use the thinnest papers I can buy... either RAW or Elements hemp or rice papers. To each their own but I think weed tastes much better in a joint than vaping.

I do appreciate the different, more focussed buzz that I get from vaping and I'll do it every few weeks or if my supply is dwindling but if I've got plenty of bud the papers are usually what I reach for.

Happy Imbibing!:cool:

RAW.gif

I have a daBuddha vaporizer and love it, use it daily. I use less herb and get stronger highs than with smoking, plus I don't choke on the smoke because there is no smoke if you're vaping at the right temperature.

I love my vapor brothers vaporizer!! It's a very clean high and the taste can be quite nice!!

But I also like to smoke out of a bong. It's a heavier, less refined high that I prefer sometimes.

:D

I have papers, pipes and a vape. I'd pick the papers and pipe over the vape anyday. Vapes just don't give me that great of a buzz. It tastes great but it's seriously lacking firepower ime.

Latest posts

Back