Ventilation help needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larnek

Reaction score
Currently a 110 cfm CPU type fan is pulling from 3x2x6 tent thru cooltube 400 HPS light into 4 inch duct exhaust going out the back of my tent into wall. Temps are nasty, to keep 88-95 degrees I have to keep tent open with closet open. 2 small 80mm comp fans running as intakes, 8 inch oscillating fan set up to pull air from outside closet in.
So I have a 216 cfm squirrel cage fan on the way here to deal with heat issues, and moving into another larger closet that is less used. I was thinking of using the squirrel fan as strictly a light exhaust, 4 inch intake from bottom of closet door thru light and into wall. Use the 110 cfm fan as a tent exhaust into room, or maybe into wall as well. I worry about the back flow from HPS pushing back into tent exhaust if i do that. Or should I just suck from tent with the squirrel cage thru the light and not have a dedicated light intake? That leaves me with the 110 cfm fan as an intake or tent exhaust to closet. The 80mm computer fans will continue their duty as intake fans, but only suck from closet interior as I don't think they have anywhere near enough pull for a 4in ducting. With the equipment available what would be the best setup possible?

Latest posts

Back