weather :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notaburnout

Reaction score
Hi guys so i'm on my first grow attempt, just one plant, and we had a bit of rain today (I'm in california). The weather lately has started getting iffy. Anyway, i freaked out a little and brought the plant inside but now i'm afraid of putting her back outside incase of more rain. I've just got her under a halogen light in the kitchen for now. Should i worry about mold or anything? This house isn't set up for an indoor grow and she's just in a large pot lol. I just don't want to put her back outside and then have it rain overnight and not know.

Here are a few pics

Now inside

2012-09-04_17-31-52_958.jpg

2012-09-04_17-32-21_383.jpg

2012-09-05_19-33-33_473.jpg

Live links are a no no here. Directly upload your pics to this site.

I too in CA, and was at work when the random rain came. Keeping an eye out for PM, mold, budrot, etc....

Please
Get away from halogen lamp ASAP- it will burn your bud before you know it.
Or at least make sure it is a really safe distance away. Like the ceiling.
Halogen and MJ don't get along IMO

I would take it back outside and cover it if it rains. Then remove the cover and let it dry out. do you not have a covered anything to stick it under?

Your plant looks very nice. Green mojo for the finish.

The halogen light is worse than nothing. In addition, now that it is budding, you need to keep it dark at night or you could have some problems. I doubt that when you brought it in that you put it into dark.....

yeah...get that plant back outside....Hold an unbrella for her or build a cover...she looks great...nice job

take care and be safe

Beautiful plant!

When you need to worry about bud rot is later, when the humidity from rain after rain comes along. Or you get fog a lot. Make sure you have good ventilation and try to keep her dry. One rain is not gonna give you bud rot if she dries out well.

You also may want to stake those nice kola's, they gonna do nothing but get bigger and heavier from here on out.

Great Job, she a beauty.

Thanks guys! I put her back ouside last night btw. Tbh i'm not really sure the light i had it under was a "halogen", It's a 75 watt ceiling bulb. idk s*** about lights lol. Anyway it was only under it for maybe an hour. thanks for the replies! Yeah i was just concerned about bud rot and mold and stressing the plant out. Like i said this is my first plant so i'm just feeling it out. My mom's ex BF actually brought the plant over when it was still really small and just left it here. He cut the main cola bud off at some point before then too, which is a shame. And thanks i'll try staking the buds. I'm thinking of harvesting her around early to mid october. Does that seem about right?

Latest posts

Back