Weird looking WW clones, What is Goin on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
I took some clones off my WW and Hindu Kush plants, and this is what they look like. The WW clones which were taken 2 weeks in to flowering actually all were taken at that point. Why do they look so funny. The Hindu Kush clones just took off. They look great. One Kush clone looks to have a possible mag def. But all of the Kush clones look just like their Mamas.:hubba: They were taken a month ago. And have been under 400w MH for the last 2 Weeks. Can someone tell me whats going on with them?
Here are some Pics....
Pics 1 and 3 are th WW. Pic 2 is a Kush that was just an amazing plant. It already has shoots everywhere. Pic 4 is a Kush from a heavy indica Kush. Pic 5 is a close-up of my possible def. Pic 6 is another clone from my heavy plant.

clones 001.jpg

clones 002.jpg

clones 006.jpg

clones 003.jpg

clones 004.jpg

clones 005.jpg

So they look normal? This is my first go around with clones. They just look really strange to me!!

At first glance I thought micro-nutrients defeciency also, prob magnesium. However, if this is an unusual problem for you I'd imagine something with your PH is more likely. I've also seen unifloliate leaf structure due to light stress - if your 400 is close though there shouldnt be an issue. (close being close as possible without burning them) If you don't have a Ph tester they can be relatively cheap and worth it in situations like yours. Regardless a strong vegitative environment should help them grow out of it but it could be some time. Good luck.

In the pics it looks like 1 of the plants are growing with single leaves? If thats the case I've only seen it once it was my Nirvana NL, check out my threads that I've started I think its called "wierd plant growth" they look exactly like I had! The bad part is they turned out to be Hermies! Have a look to see what you think, I would post a link but I'm to stupid!LOL

Phatpharmer

Plants grow those single bladed distorted leaves when they go from flowering mode back to vegging mode...

Did you take the clones while the Mom was in flower?

Actually all of the clones started with 1 leaf when then started to grow. Ph isn't the problem either. They went right into FFOF after they rooted. My mixture in the pots now tested with a runoff PH of 6.7 Thats just about perfect. I think the weird growth is because they were flowering when I took them from mama.

Jman said:
I think the weird growth is because they were flowering when I took them from mama.

That will do it, they are re-vegging right now, eventually they will grow normal leaves... you will see 3 bladed, them 5 bladed and so on...

Like I said the Kush clones took to the cloning extremely well. They are almost ready to flower. I just thought that maybe the strain did not clone well. I hope they don't hermie on me. I have had problems with mama late in flower, and I think it will affect potency. I would like to try this plant again. This is only my third try, so I am still a newbie. I love it though.

Thats exactly what happened to me I think I stressed the cutting and they started to grow exactly like that, I'm tellen ya check my thread you'll see its the exact same thing, and like I said they went hermie!

Phatpharmer

I bump the post for you to look at its called "I never seen thid Before"

Thanks phatfarmer. Seems to me there were a number of different responses to your problem. I will definately keep a good eye on them. Hopefully they don't turn to the dark side, I was already concerned about them goin hermie on me. Hopefully they are good girls, and keep their sexual orientation. Thanks again.

MindzEye said:
That will do it, they are re-vegging right now, eventually they will grow normal leaves... you will see 3 bladed, them 5 bladed and so on...

MindzEye said:
Plants grow those single bladed distorted leaves when they go from flowering mode back to vegging mode...

Did you take the clones while the Mom was in flower?

Yo Jman... How ya been...?

You need to listen to Mindzeye... Nothing weird is going on! When you take clones that are from a mother that has triggered it's flowering auxins the cuttings are going to continue to flower even though you put them under long light to root. When you put them under long light it simply confuses them a bit and once they are rooted they will slowly start going into veg mode again. Just like a seedling taking it's first steps first they show single bladed leaves for a bit, then 3 bladed for a bit and finally progress to 5 bladed and some strains have 7 or 9 bladed leaves. That's the most I've ever seen.

so... If you don't want your plants to do this then keep one of the clones around in the veg room as a dedicated mother. After it goes though re learning the veg process and produces 5+ bladed leaves any clones you take off of it won't have to go through that progression again...

Capisca?:cool:

Hey Jman,

I have a couple clones that I took out of my current grow about 12 days into flowering & they had to go through the whole veg cha cha cha too... I hope you feel more assured that the wheels aren't coming off the wagon!:eek:

F.Y.I... If you think a clone looks wacky going through re veg try it with a plant that's been through flowering... The whole thing goes through this and looks like bloody 'ell for the longest time... but if you're patient it too will return to veg growth.

Peace!:cool:

REveg2.jpg

REveg3.jpg

REveg4.jpg

REveg1 .jpg

thedonofchronic said:
i think its spelled, Capiche :p

We're BOTH wrong and YOU'RE the DON! :p Although it's pronounced "Capiche" or "Kapeesh"... the Italian spelling is "Capisca."

Capisca?:cool:

The WW clones which were taken 2 weeks in to flowering
and they ae now reverting to veg', it really is that siimple as mindseye a DOS have said.
IF they hermie due to that little bit of stress, they are "weak" genetics.."IMO" and shouldn't be further propagated anyway..;)

Latest posts

Back