what are the benefits of using CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i hope it works like they say it does, well find out!

poisonthewell871 said:
I have found that a great way to make CO2 on the cheap is to brew honey mead in your space throughout flowering. You can to it during veg too, as when increase the co2 levels to 1200ppm the plants typically grow 30% faster and more vigirous(ed rosenthal). You can purchase the homebrew kit for under $10, and it rapidly releases co2 for approx one month. Hope this helps to those who can't afford the expensive store bought systems.

you will need:

1 or 5 gallon glass jug(you can also get one of those wine gallons as long as it is glass)$2-5
-Perculator/rubber cork for the top of your glass jug which allows the co2 to release without blowing the jug up(sold at brew store)-$2-5
- 1 champagne yeast packet $1
-1 quart of honey $5

This kind of thing has limited if any benefits. For CO2 to be beneficial, it must be monitored and controlled. Any kind of DIY thing like this is most likely a waste of time, effort, and money. Truly if we could do it for $10-20 instead of $1000, we would be doing that.

A controller that monitors humidity is a must.imo... My biggest concern was the increase in humidity and being able to control it, especially in flower. Once I solved that I have not looked back. Will be my first summer using it and will have to see if I will still be able to control humidity in flower.

Like THG has mentioned those homemade devices are not beneficial enough to be worth the time and expense. Sealing your grow room, extra fans and duct work, controller/timers for temp and humidity, just not worth it.

Latest posts

Back