What are these and how can I get rid of them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 337715That amount the leaves should look cloe to this

Eggs and mites
1692224899440.png

1692224584838.png

after looking at your plants again I believe you have root aphids...now that I knink about it they are way too big to be spider mites...you're gonna need to drench the rootball along with the plant to kill them...I had them decades ago, a total burn was required too eliminate them...

after looking at your plants again I believe you have root aphids...now that I knink about it they are way too big to be spider mites...you're gonna need to drench the rootball along with the plant to kill them...I had them decades ago, a total burn was required too eliminate them...
I agree I posted above too big to be SM

The treatment is the same, correct? I sprayed the greenhouse and outdoor plants down with Sil-Matrix. I am considering spraying BT Capt.Jacks Dead Bug Spinisad in 3 days. Sil-Matrix in 7 days... Do you think that is too much? The one plant infested the most is farthest along and is just starting week three of flower.
Yes, the same treatment, but aphids are easier to kill and nowhere near as destructive. @WeedHopper gave me his soap/alcohol formula which killed off the massive aphid infestation on my tomato plants in barely 3 days.

Yes, the same treatment, but aphids are easier to kill and nowhere near as destructive. @WeedHopper gave me his soap/alcohol formula which killed off the massive aphid infestation on my tomato plants in barely 3 days.
He told me to drink 6 strong beers and piss on my aphid infestation.....

Can you give me a little more advice on "drench the rrotball" and "a total burn was required"? This is concerning.

Can you give me a little more advice on "drench the rrotball" and "a total burn was required"? This is concerning.
Unlike most other pests, root aphids prefer to live in the soil and they come up to the plant to get the sap from the leaves. When you drench the root ball you use one and a half times as much fluid as the container will hold. Meaning if you have a 2 gallon container I would drench it with 3 gallons of, whatever antidote you deem to be the best for your situation. If you miss one egg, they will be back in a week so this is something you need to stay diligent on and do it regularly. When I discover the infestation, there were more aphids than I care to fight with, so I just burned everything to the ground. This occurred when Linda was dying of cancer and I didn’t spend as much time or attention with my plants… I always treat for pests three times in a row separating each application by 2 to 3 days. I find if I do it this way I have a much better chance of 100% eradication then if I just spray and walk away.

Unlike most other pests, root aphids prefer to live in the soil and they come up to the plant to get the sap from the leaves. When you drench the root ball you use one and a half times as much fluid as the container will hold. Meaning if you have a 2 gallon container I would drench it with 3 gallons of, whatever antidote you deem to be the best for your situation. If you miss one egg, they will be back in a week so this is something you need to stay diligent on and do it regularly. When I discover the infestation, there were more aphids than I care to fight with, so I just burned everything to the ground. This occurred when Linda was dying of cancer and I didn’t spend as much time or attention with my plants… I always treat for pests three times in a row separating each application by 2 to 3 days. I find if I do it this way I have a much better chance of 100% eradication then if I just spray and walk away.
Thanks Boo. After ready the label on the Sil-Matrix I believe that I can use it that to saturate the roots but it seems like more of a preventative measure. Do you think I should do the soap/alcohol spray to kill them? Currently what I have sprayed does not seem to have done anything. How do I know if anything is working. Sorry for the number of questions.

I spray every Monday for Thrips. Little fkers just appear out of nowhere.

I have had spider mites twice over the years. Both times It was because I got cuts from and outdoor grow. Anymore they go into quarantine for a week and they get sprayed well.

Ain't no bugs on me....Ain't no bugs on me......might be bugs on some of you mugs but there ain't no bugs on me.

View attachment 337703
That your dog, pute?

Thanks Boo. After ready the label on the Sil-Matrix I believe that I can use it that to saturate the roots but it seems like more of a preventative measure. Do you think I should do the soap/alcohol spray to kill them? Currently what I have sprayed does not seem to have done anything. How do I know if anything is working. Sorry for the number of questions.
the alcohol/soap spray will certainly help kill the pests but I'd prefer to saturate tham with lost coast plant wash...you must be aggressive for this to work...1 prego thrip missed and it starts all over again...

I'm for whatever works brother. Sounds good to me.
I've never saturated the soil with my mixture because I'm not sure what the alcohol would do to the roots.
I know it doesn't hurt the leaves.

Latest posts

Back